Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Plusnet sending me emails and texts about a closed account

NorthRiding
Grafter

Why is Plusnet sending me emails and texts about a closed account

Hi,
I moved house and arranged to close my account on 5 November 2014. (I did not have a new home at this time and am still househunting so was unable to "port" my account to a new address).
First of all, I was surprised that PN charged me (a loyal and longstanding customer of many years) £30 for the pleasure of leaving them but I paid that immediately by credit card.
I received emails confirming that the account would close on 5 nov. The account was duly closed on 5 Nov, all my email addresses and ability to login to my account was removed at that time.
I received another email "We'll soon be taking a payment of £7.22 for your service. This will leave
your account on or after 10/11/2014".
I left the Direct Debit active until that final payment was taken and after payment was made, I cancelled my DD to Plusnet.

I have now received 5 emails (3 today 19th plus 1 SMS text message since the closure, telling me that the DD has failed. Of course it has failed, you closed my account on 5 November (remember, remember....................................)!!!!
I have tried to answer the emails but the emails were rejected, I tried asking Jess and I tried to use the Help Assistant but I kept being returned to my login page and details, WHICH OF COURSE HAVE BEEN CLOSED SEEING AS I NO LONGER HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH PLUSNET- YOU (PLUSNET) CLOSED IT ON 5 NOVEMBER WHEN I MOVED.
Tried everything to send a email regarding this so this is my last attempt at getting someone to do something.
Disgusted with my treatment after many happy years with Plusnet,
Please go away.................................................and stop hassling me about a closed account..................................
PS Forgot to say that after acknowledging notice of closure in October, the closure being on 5 November, I also received the following:-
"Your Line Rental Saver contract will finish soon
Your Line Rental Saver contract is due to expire on 18/12/2014." which didn't inspire a great deal of confidence that the closure was going to be done seamlessly..........

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Why is Plusnet sending me emails and texts about a closed account

Hi there,
Really sorry about this.
To explain about the messages about the failed direct debit this appears to have related to call charges. As these come through on to our systems up to 24 hours after the calls were made they were automatically added on to the account on the same day we closed it. Regarding us chasing the "failed payment" that's due to human error. That's unacceptable to us to so I'm passing on some feedback right now.
All this in turn has led to the understandably confusing communications from us, apologies again.
To confirm the account is definitely closed and no further payments are due to us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NorthRiding
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Thanks for confirming that the account is closed.
You said "To explain about the messages about the failed direct debit this appears to have related to call charges. As these come through on to our systems up to 24 hours after the calls were made they were automatically added on to the account on the same day we closed it
I find any further charges very surprising as I vacated the house and removed the telephone and router etc two or three days before the scheduled closure.
You said you closed the account on 5 November - I requested 5 November for closure deliberately as it would be a few days between my last use and you closing to make it easier for yourselves. I also kept the DD open until 10th so that could collect the £7.22.
Never mind, no further explanations required thanks, as long as it is closed and you have stopped sending me emails, I am happy if somewhat very disappointed with PlusNet.
NorthRiding
Grafter

Unbelievable........................................How about this one then Adam???????????????
Just today (4 Dec 2014) received 3 emails from Plusnet.
Email 1. Your mailbox was deleted.
Email 2. Your alias was deleted.
Email 3. We're emailing you to let you know that as your cancellation request has
now been placed. Your cancellation will take place on 11/12/2014.
NOW I KNOW THAT PLUSNET'S SYSTEMS ARE NOT REALLY UP TO THE JOB..........................PITY REALLY.............................................JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU KNOW - HOPING YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEND ME A FURTHER BILL AFTER MY ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED AT THE BEGINNING OF NOVEMBER 2014......................................DISAPPOINTED WITH PLUSNET
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You can safely ignore those emails, your account has been closed down. The emails were sent due to the process we have to follow to close an account, they were automated and I apologise for any confusion or concern they may have caused.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.