cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Plusnet charging me for phone calls on an Unlimited Contract?

everhopeful
Dabbler

Why is Plusnet charging me for phone calls on an Unlimited Contract?

I renewed my contract with Plusnet in October 2018 but upgraded to an unlimited calls package - since then Plusnet have charged me for calls every month, so every month I have to spend over an hour waiting on the phone to talk to somebody who says they will escalate this to the "Back Room" - and the next month I have the same conversation with another person.  I have never heard from the mysterious back room people, who I assume don't exist.  Has anybody had this problem - and has anybody managed to get a solution?

7 REPLIES 7
GerryG

Re: Why is Plusnet charging me for phone calls on an Unlimited Contract?

Likewise, I've been charged month after month for mobile calls on an allegedly inclusive contract. They've been credited back, with an allowance on my line rental for the trouble, but I'm not holding out much hope that next month's bill will be any different.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi everhopeful@

I'm really sorry that you have been affected by our billing update and I can assure you the back office team is indeed doing all they can to come up with a fix.

The specific issue related to your account and other customers affected by this is of a high priority on the list.

We really appreciate your patience in this matter. I have also updated your complaint ticket.

Hi GerryG@

I'm sorry to hear that you have been affected by the same issue.

Can you please confirm if you have had a complaint ticket raised regarding this?

Kind Regards

everhopeful
Dabbler

Hi GerryG

Sorry you are having the same problems - but I am a bit relieved I'm not on my own!  I will let you know if this is ever fixed for me - I have until October before my contract expires, so am not looking forward to more months of wasted time on the phone especially as I work for home and so this is time I could have billed!  I have told Plusnet now that I will be billing them for my wasted time.  

GerryG

Hi OllieC,

I've been in telephone contact regarding this matter, support ticket 186628345 hopefully refers. Basically I'm being charged more than was agreed when I took out the contract, being mobile calls and incorrect package pricing. I was going to wait for the next bill to be produced on 11/2/19 but I see already that I appear to be racking up mobile charges again. I expect I'll be back in touch again in a few days!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@GerryG Sorry to hear this.

I can see that we've taken action to correct this going forward.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
GerryG

Dear Matthew,

I appreciate your team's efforts to resolve my problem. However I have no idea if what you've done has rectified the situation as I haven't been billed since 11th January (nor has any payment been taken). I note that according to the 'unbilled calls' page of My Account that any mobile calls are still incurring a charge. Is there anything to report or should I sit tight and wait?

Regards

Gerry

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi GerryG@

Please accept our sincerest apologies that you have been affected by our billing update.

I have provided a complaint ticket for you here

Kind Regards