cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have you reduced the referral discount?

livelee
Grafter

Why have you reduced the referral discount?

Angry
17 REPLIES 17
it-solutions_uk

Re: Why have you reduced the referral discount?

This was quite shocking to me aswell.  I run a business where I refer a lot of people for broadband.  I can refer Plusnet for 50p or Tiscali for £10 if they only want broadband, if they want phone services aswell its £20.
I do think this area needs addressing asap.
Grin
reflexion
Dabbler

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people?
sloany
Grafter

PN do wear a mask, they mask themselves as a decent, referrable ISP  Grin
Not a chance i'll be referring anyone for 25p! 50p was a mickey take, when helping a mate sort out PN provisioning problem.
blackrat999
Grafter

this is the first i have seen of this - i dont believe i was emailed to tell me!
I have 10 referrals on option 1 - so thats a loss of £2.50 per month
I have 4 on Option 2 which will also lose me £1 per month
i expect that those on other monthly options will change to the new ones and i will lose more in due course.
in total i was getting about £28 from my referrals - many of whom have meant a great deal of effort to set up. I wish i hadnt bothered now and unless this changes i wont be bothering anymore.

I have been with PN for 4 years and i am seriously thinking about binning it myself as the latest round of regrading and price changes havent helped me at all. I have always been suspicious of BT and i am even more now.  Cry
Loombucket
Grafter

I haven't been notified either.  I have about 50 referrals, all signed up personally over the last 3 years, and reducing the referral values will make a significant difference to me.
Unless I've got this wrong, my referrals income will be cut by 30-50%.  Hmmm.......
How would PN feel if 30-50% of their customers decided to leave?
Whoever thought this one up needs a serious reality check.  Where do your new customers come from, Plusnet?  People like us who go out of our way to introduce them to you and sign them up, in return for a relative pittance, that's where.
What an inspired idea - penalise the people who bring in the most business!  Especially if those people have been busy for the past year defending Plusnet's disastrous decisions and resultant chaotic service and persuading their customers to stay with them?  Brilliant, just brilliant. 
I wish I'd thought of that - I too could have gone bankrupt by now... thanks for the slap in the face, Plusnet.
Angry

livelee
Grafter

Quote from: Loombucket
Whoever thought this one up needs a serious reality check.

It was probably Mark Kelly.  From what I can see his job is a waste of time.  I bet our discounts are being cut to pay his salary.  He can't be very switched on either.  He used to be a partner in a successful IT company and he chucks that in, moves to England to become an employee for a headless chicken operation like plus.net doing a pointless job.
chrisc
Aspiring Pro

No referral amounts have actually been reduced. If your referrals remain on the packages they signed up for then you will receive the same discount. If they change to a new package then you will get the referral values for that package - these obviously may be higher or lower than currently, depending on package.
This was quite shocking to me aswell.  I run a business where I refer a lot of people for broadband.  I can refer Plusnet for 50p or Tiscali for £10 if they only want broadband, if they want phone services aswell its £20.

With regards to higher one off payments from alternative suppliers - this is something that we are looking at and further details will be announced shortly...
blackrat999
Grafter

well i still stick by what i said about not getting any more referrals -
so far i have set up well over 50 people over the last 3 years or so, most if not all have been on a £14.99 type contract and i have had 50p per month (a whole £6 a year!!)
now for the same work on my part
ie.
1. the initial persuasion/sale,
2. then actually doing the sign up myself to make sure i get the referral,
3. then going to their house to set up the router/modem,
4. then contacting PN if something has gone wrong
5. during the lifetime of the contract i seem to be the first port of call if something doesnt work so im a flaming helpline too!
i will now get 25p (£3 a year) !!
I dont think thats too good a deal really so i hereby hand in my notice !!
Mark
Grafter

As Chris has said above. We have not reduced any referral discounts at all.
The referral discounts for our legacy products remain unchanged.
What did happen was, when we introduced our new BBYW products we introduced new referral values for those products and those products only.
If a customer or one of your referrals, remains on a legacy product such as BB Premier, PAYG or Plus their referral value will not alter. Should they move to a BBYW product, then the referral value of that product will apply. We base our referral values on the costs and margin surrounding each product, which is only sound business sense.
However, the sole purpose of this forum is to engage with you guys and find out what is making life, as a referrer, difficult for you, with a view to fixing it.
I'll be totally honest. I cant and wont promise to deliver everything you ask for, but I report directly to the directors and they and Neil our CEO are really up for making things better for you guys.
We have neglected our referrer community for too long and the responses to this forum have highlighted this to me.
I am really looking forward to hearing all of your views and working with to to make PlusNets referral model the absolute best in the business.
All I need is the support of the referral community and a bit of elbow grease.
I'm up for it, are you?

blackrat999
Grafter

i will carry on getting referalls for a minimum of 50p per sale - i was quite happy with this as an incentive to me and although i have found it hard work to get the money paid to me over and above my adsl sub each month (it has taken a call every month to get it done) it has been worth the effort.
so once i see it has gone back up to 50p for a £14.99 sub then i will start work again.
regards
Mark
Grafter

Hi there.
The referal values are based on product as mentioned above.
Our current values are available here http://portal.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_discount_info.shtml?membermenu=referralvalu... which are those values for our BBYW and Business products while this page shows the referral value of our legacy products http://portal.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_archive.shtml
As you can see, the legacy product values have not been reduced and we have introduced new values for our BBYW products.
I am happy to discuss the referral value of our BBYW products with the community.
netutgamer

Quote from: chrisc
With regards to higher one off payments from alternative suppliers - this is something that we are looking at and further details will be announced shortly...

I personally prefer an amount each month for the customers I bring to plusnet, instead of a one of lump as some other ISP's offer, as this brings the cost of my sub down for every month they pay for theirs, although 25p a month (£3 a year) is a little on the low side, assuming they stay that long.
Spider
Grafter

Thanks for the links Mark. I was not aware that I need to be promoting Premier+ Dial up unmetered accounts as clearly they give Plusnet the maximum profit and the referrers the maximum referral amount at £1.50 (excluding the business products).
Mark
Grafter

Hi spider.
Dont worry about promoting Premier, it is no longer available for new sign ups. As for dial up, yip it used to generate revenue for us, but does anyone still use it? Wink
As I mentioned previously, I am currently looking at what we offer you guys as an incentive to referr and I hope to be able to bring some good news very soon.