cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have i been charged more this month?

FIXED
markb5000
Grafter

Why have i been charged more this month?

Just got my bill in for October but its considerably more than usual. In my previous months it has always been roughly £35 but this month its £50 and i cannot understand why.

Can somebody explain why i have been charged £15 more than usual, is it a mistake?

8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Why have i been charged more this month?

Have you looked at the detailed bill https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0

Could it be that your 18/12 month discount has run out

Has your line rental saver finished

markb5000
Grafter

Hi Jim,

I checked the bill and there appears to be a additional £17.99 charge that is usually free so it may be the case that something has run out. However i was never notified of any discount or contract running out, and my account summary page seems to suggest i am still in contract as there is still a cancellation charge.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Hi @markb5000, I don't have access to your account details or anything like that but I see you registered with the forums almost exactly a year ago. As Jim has pointed out, is it possible that when you signed up you were getting the £17.99 line rental for free for 12 months and it has now run its course?

I am sure one of the Community team will be able to clarify this for you, but that's my best guess as to what has happened here...

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Cancellation charge isn't relevant - this is for cancelling broadband and is there regardless of your contract

The figure of £17.99 is as suggested the line rental however - as far as I am aware - Plusnet have never offered free line rental so it would suggest that you took out line rental saver 12 months ago and it has run out

If this is the case you should have received notification by email

Check here and see what it says https://www.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal If it says it is active then there is a screw up

markb5000
Grafter

I always thought the cancellation charge showed £0.00 if you were out of contract and another figure if you were still in contract? Thats how it used to be when i was with PN several years ago and the only way of calculating how long you had left was to work out the cancellation cost per month.

The £17.99 is line rental i realise that now thanks as i took out the broadband package roughly 12 months ago and it would have come with the free line rental save option. However i never received any notification by email or post just the usual monthly invoice that i receive from PN.

I estimate going off my cancellation charge that i have 5 months in contract left so just debating if its worth renewing line rental saver now or waiting for the contract to expire.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

There are two cancellation charges as shown below from my account

2016-10-28_112951.jpg

The Cessation Charge is always there even when you are out of contract

Regarding renewal of Line Rental Saver - this is non refundable so taking it out is not a good idea if you think you may leave when the broadband contract runs out

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

This may help clarify: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=247177735

The welcome email states the contract length and the duration of the discounts (Each month you'll pay: X - for the first X months X - from month X)

Although it's not actually due to line rental, it's broadband cost.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
markb5000
Grafter

Thanks for confirming HarryB just wish they would send out reminders and make everything clearer in general. When i received the invoice this morning i just assumed it was an error and ofcourse i had no idea it had been 12 months already.