cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has plusnet sent debt collectors after my old housemate?!

dsteadler

Why has plusnet sent debt collectors after my old housemate?!

So my housemate, let's call her beth but that's not her name, setup plusnet in our house, and after she left I took overpayment, however, the internet was always awful, so after literally HOURS on the phone with plus restarting the wifi from their end many, many times nothing working, they then convince us its the router and sent a "new" one, identical to the one we had, but the wifi is even worse somehow.

On the 10th of May 2019, all of us move out and forget about it, sadly knowing we are leaving the new tenants with the hellish nightmare that is Plusnet and giving them access to the account. However aparently they stopped paying and moved to another account, and we get no notification from Plusnet in any form.

But now Plusnet has decided they want the money for the internet they never provided, as well as a cancellation fee, and have now sent debt collectors after Beth, who is calling plusnet 100 times while working as a school teach online, trying to access the 2year old account but can't get in because we no longer have the log-in and don't know the people that now live in the house.

This is the WORST SERVICE IN THE WORLD AND I WILL NEVER USE AGAIN. So disappointed.

All we EVER wanted to do was close this account and plus net never let us, this is a SCAM.

4 REPLIES 4
dsteadler

Re: Why has plusnet sent debt collectors after my old housemate?!

had to make a new account just to post this, if a plusnet employee actually reads this (by some miracle) our account is [Removed].

Sorry to have such a moan, literally spent hours trying to sort this with plusnet and gotten nowhere, and after all the time I've wasted now they've sent debt collectors

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Some useful info for you on the Ofcom website HERE.

Anything in writing keep copies and send recorded delivery.  Debt collectors have no right to your money without a CCJ.

Good luck! It is a tedious business

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

You must agree it was not a wise thing to just pass the PN account on to someone else as the initial purchaser would retain responsibility for it.

PN would not be bothered if you used the account or not, it would still show as active and therefore PN would charge for it.

I accept you want to cancel it now but I guess all outstanding charges remain and unlikely PN will call off a debt collecting firm until the outstanding payment has been made.

To leave your password with other people who you do not know is highly risky, they could use the internet for any purpose.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @dsteadler 

I'm sorry for the issues you've had.

I'll respond to the account holder via the account regarding this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet