cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why dont your departments talk to each other? Im leaving Plusnet

Phil67

Why dont your departments talk to each other? Im leaving Plusnet

On Monday 22nd January I cancelled my contract with PlusNet, mainly due to moving house and the charges you wanted to move and also due to the fact you couldn't offer me fibre at the new address  and the money you wanted for a new contract.

I had to pay a termination fee, due to leaving my contract early, all good , received an email saying my cancellation request has been processed and will finish on the 5th February, when speaking to your representative he said I would not owe anymore money after paying the termination fee, so I've cancelled my direct debit.

But in the meantime I have received an email to say that my Cancellation has been stopped and then tonight you are asking why my direct debit has been stopped I have tried to contact you, but due to working I haven't managed to get hold of you, ive spoken via the webchat and got told sorry we cant access that department files.

Well I have requested that my account is cancelled and I have paid the fee and received the email confirming im leaving, you are all the same company, why hasn't that information been fed to you.

Im in the middle of buying a house and don't need your system saying I owe money and start affecting my credit score.

If you could please reply and sort this mess out it would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Why dont your departments talk to each other? Im leaving Plusnet

Bit of a guess but anytime I've tried to do any financial stuff over any kind of WebChat it's normally not allowed because webchat doesn't neccessarily have the security level needed. I've had this with everything from my gas company to my bank so I'd assume chat agents don't have access as they can't do anything with it anyway-less eyes on it more secure. I may be wrong but there's been centres I've worked in where we've had actual need to info but not allowed it for this. The issue itself though. Chances are the billing system is still going to be running until the account actually closes. Even if you've paid the termination fee you could in theory make loads of calls between now and then which would need to be billed so cancelling the direct debit will still probably flag up. Still I'd call cancellations to check that it's still set to go through, to be sure. Last thing you want it for something to have messed up and by the time it's picked up you run past the date.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @Phil67

Apologies for the inconvenience and confusion caused by the e-mail you've received. It looks like it was sent because a request to takeover your line was cancelled, possibly due to new tenants moving in...

I can confirm your account is due to close as scheduled.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Phil67 wrote:

Im in the middle of buying a house and don't need your system saying I owe money and start affecting my credit score.

I just wanted to also confirm that there's been no impact to your credit rating.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Phil67

Many thanks to you both. I did manage to ring in today and they have confirmed that my stop is still going ahead, Im still a little concerned did the termination fee I paid cover everything unto my termination., as I was told I had nothing else to pay, hence why I cancelled the direct debit.

I can under stand any calls made outside my call plan, but the system is showing that I still have line rental and my call plan to pay at the start of next month, is this correct?

Thanks

Phil

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Phil. It's possible your member centre page isn't taking into account that your account is scheduled to close automatically one day before your next bill date so you shouldn't see another bill.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet