cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my invoice show: "This is not a VAT invoice" ?

itsme
Grafter

Re: Why does my invoice show: "This is not a VAT invoice" ?

Out of interest does the money refunded by your company for broadband appear on your P11D and therefore pay income tax?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@hp
They used to do it for everyone until May of this year. Here is what Plusnet say
VAT Invoice Changes
An update to our billing systems mean that some customers will see a change to the way invoices are displayed.
From May 14th, customers who have previously had VAT displayed as a separate line item will see a total amount displayed, with VAT included.
This will not affect any of your services from us, and you will still pay VAT on all service

Where did you find that information from as we've been doing the opt-in to VAT invoice for residential accounts for at least 3 years now, possibly longer.
If a residential customer wants VAT invoices then we can give these to them.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hp

Quote from: itsme
Out of interest does the money refunded by your company for broadband appear on your P11D and therefore pay income tax?

Out of interest you say? The Inland Revenue say if an internet connection is provided at home solely for business use, only whether by the employer paying for it or the employer re-imbursing the employee by way of expenses, there is nothing to enter on the P11D. If it's partially used for home and partially for work then the treatment varies depending on the employee. Employees earning under £8500 there is nothing to report on the P11D. For all employees over £8500 the cost is entered on Section L of the P11D and Class 1A NICs have to be paid thereon.
hp
hp

Dear Chris,

Quote from: Chris
@hp
They used to do it for everyone until May of this year. Here is what Plusnet say
VAT Invoice Changes
An update to our billing systems mean that some customers will see a change to the way invoices are displayed.
From May 14th, customers who have previously had VAT displayed as a separate line item will see a total amount displayed, with VAT included.
This will not affect any of your services from us, and you will still pay VAT on all service

Where did you find that information from as we've been doing the opt-in to VAT invoice for residential accounts for at least 3 years now, possibly longer.
If a residential customer wants VAT invoices then we can give these to them.

Dear Chris,
Thank you for your reply. I can't attach a screen shot - I'm not techie but I hope this link will be of some help. https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22636&wizard_id=38
best regards
hp

jim:green screen cap added mod:end
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That page doesn't say which year - the content could be three years old!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend

Unfortunately that page *is* at least 3 years out of date. I'll get a task raised to fix it when I'm back in the office tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

That help assistant path is now updated.
If you need an invoice which shows VAT separately you can request this here.
Please confirm your request in the box below and provide a brief explanation as to why this is required. Click "Send your question to the support team"
The change will apply from your next invoice date.
Please note: Business customers receive VAT invoices by default

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Wouldn't it have been clearer if the item and path were headed/titled VAT Invoice Request rather than VAT Invoice Changes? Three years ago the item was related to "changes" but that is long gone history.
David