cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my invoice show: "This is not a VAT invoice" ?

birdbox

Why does my invoice show: "This is not a VAT invoice" ?

This is not a vat invoice.
I am vat registered and want to avoid unnecessary issues with any future vat inspection. I emailed billing and they said only business clients can have a vat invoice.
Is this legal to refuse a vat invoice ?
Why waste time in the first place showing on the invoice that it isn't a vat invoice, whilst at the same time showing the vat paid ?
Has common sense gone out of the window ?
37 REPLIES 37
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Why does my invoice show: "This is not a VAT invoice" ?

Can you PM me your username please and I'll look into this. We don't provide them by default for residential accounts.
BTW the only account I've been able to find for you so far is a free residential pay as you go one (i.e one we don't bill for).
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
birdbox

What's the problem with this ?
Members can see their invoices each month - many have their employers pay them . So, why when you show all the figures, do you then say 'This is not a vat invoice' ?
This prevents a registered vat individual from recovering the vat paid to Plusnet ?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

He hasn't said we won't provide one, just that we don't provide them by default?
We simply need to be able to identify your account so we can sort it out. As the account associated with your forum username is a free account and doesn't have any reference to the ticket you raised asking for this VAT invoice previously.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
birdbox

Quote from: birdbox
What's the problem with this ?
Members can see their invoices each month - many have their employers pay them . So, why when you show all the figures, do you then say 'This is not a vat invoice' ?
This prevents a registered vat individual from recovering the vat paid to Plusnet ?

I'm going to PM Adam on this re our particular circumstance but to recap - why go to this bother in the first place ?
dick:green Quote tags added.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per my reply to your PM there really is no problem, we just don't provide VAT invoices by default for residential accounts. However. we're happy to do so on request.
why go to this bother in the first place

As I've mentioned you need to request them for residential accounts. Normally we'd ask you to raise a ticket but seeing as you've raised the matter on here I really don't mind picking it up for you.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Adam, The question is WHY don't you provide a PDF VAT invoice by default?
The disclaimer suggests that the Invoice is NOT final and is subject to alteration.
Also, there are frequently discrepancies between the Invoice and the Itemised Phone bill on my account. Have a look at the current month if you want to see what I am on about.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

This is not a vat invoice. -  why????
It is itemised and VAT rate and amount is shown.  So why say it is not a VAT invoice?  It does not have the VAT number shown (is this the reason?), so why cannot Plusnet add VAT number to all invoices?
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi,
When i was a plusnet customer i used a program called  paperport to "erase" the comment "this is not a VAT invoice" and and the Plusnet VAT Number "VAT Number GB 245719348"
Job done
Ian
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Adam, The question is WHY don't you provide a PDF VAT invoice by default?

I'm sure PDF would be favourable, this system is a few years old and for what ever reason was not developed with that in mind.
It is itemised and VAT rate and amount is shown.  So why say it is not a VAT invoice?  It does not have the VAT number shown (is this the reason?), so why cannot Plusnet add VAT number to all invoices?

Am I missing something here? are you saying that VAT invoices state that they are NOT VAT invoices?
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Am I missing something here? are you saying that VAT invoices state that they are NOT VAT invoices?

Well yes I guess.  The invoice I get states "This is not a VAT invoice" yet it separately itemises VAT amount and rate but does not show VAT number so it cannot be used as a VAT invoice.  So why not just add VAT number?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

This needs fixing, I'll get on the case and report this.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: ian007jen
When i was a plusnet customer i used a program called  paperport to "erase" the comment "this is not a VAT invoice".

Was this for your accounts or for your employer? It all depend how deeply the Tax inspectors look at the paperwork if they see a invoice without a VAT reference they should/will not refund the VAT.
Personally I don't see a problem as there are plenty of receipts that show VAT but are not recognise as VAT receipts, the most common is receipts for fuel as most will know that you have to  ask for a VAT receipt.
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

It was for my accounts; I also added the VAT Number to each invoice. "GB 245719348"
BT residential also use this technique for non business customers ie. adding "this is not a VAT invoice"
Ian
birdbox

It's such a simple question - and yet we haven't got it resolved.
[Itsme] solution isn't on - it's a criminal offence to submit a forged vat invoice (even though his answer is common sense - the authorities have pursued these unfortunate individuals).
The Vat number is already shown, the Vat amount is already calculated - so why not leave it at that instead of adding as you do: This is not a VAT invoice  ?