cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does it take so long to provide a final bill?

stevenpn

Why does it take so long to provide a final bill?

I moved to another broadband provider on the 15 April.

Plusnet are keep charging me a direct debit and will not provide a final bill with my refund for overcharges.

I have been waiting now for a month for a final bill and my questions are waiting a reply for weeks with no sign of any reply.

I was advised not to cancel the direct debit so I can get my refund but I can't keep paying them for nothing. Should I just cancel the direct debit and let them send me a cheque. Why does it take so long for a final bill? and why keep charging me when I have left?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Why does it take so long to provide a final bill?

I've checked your account and can see this is in hand with our billing team to close your account and refund anything you are owed, sorry this has taken longer than expected.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

In part, the answer is that it can take ages for phone call charge data to come across from BT's systems to PlusNet.  Thus any calls made close to the end of service could take several days to reach PlusNet and be included in final billing.  There is also the possibility of line cease changes being passed to PlusNet if the acquiring ISP used the wrong process - something which used to be quite common with the LLU boys.  (I use the past tense as I've no idea how common that is now!).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

In part, the answer is that it can take ages for phone call charge data to come across from BT's systems to PlusNet. 

Out of interest do you mean from Openreach, or does Plusnet buy it's calls from BT at some other level?

That might explain a delay in finalising call charges, but from what the OP says it sounds like Plusnet are continuing to charge him rental charges, I can't see an excuse for that.

Me, I'd cancel the DD.   You might have a claim under the DD guarantee, but only if you weren't notified of each payment before they took it.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Tony,

I'm not sure if PlusNET buys call time from BTw or BTOR (I believe both options are available to retail CPs).

I only sought to inform the question as to why the bill cannot be finalised on termination.  The continuance of billing advanced service rental beyond the cease date is a different matter.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

From previous statements by staff the phone charges all come from BTw and can take up to about a week to be confirmed but I haven't any idea how long Plusnet allow for this before creating the final bill