cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't things be done right first time?

GR4CE
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Why can't things be done right first time?

Not having seen the end of my nightmares with Tiscali (who decided to remove the tag on my line without notification and still want to charge me for the privilege of not providing me with the service for 10 days),  I have now wasted a few hours (apart from the added stress) trying so solve a billing problem that has now turned non existent Roll_eyes
I have been notified that my phone service was scheduled to start on the 17th August but that I would receive a notification when the transfer was completed. (Same happened with broadband and I got a text message and email, instantly).
Come 17th, no notification from PM, neither from BT (my old provider)
On the 20th August I receive the email that the PN  phone service was now active and that I would be billed £9.94 for the period until 1 September.
Check my account and it states:
Billing period: 17/08/2010 to 01/09/2010 Product: Talk Anytime
Calls: £0.00
Call Features: £1.55
Line Rental: £5.81
Call Plan: £5.00
TOTAL: £12.36

So I said, hang on, I get the confirmation that the service is active on the 20th but they are billing me since the 17th  Undecided
Next, it should be pro-rata, but the Anytime Call Plan shows full amount of £5  Huh
Last, the email stated £9.94 but the itemised billing says £12.36  Shocked
So I contacted support with the 3 issues, and after an irrelevant reply, and having to explain again my point, I'm told that the service was activated on the 17th (confirmed with the wholesaler, BT I suppose) but the email went out LATE (hmm).
Right, a bit unprofessional, but let's accept that.
There was still the issue of the £5 charged in full and the non matching amounts
So they replied that Anytime had been calculated prorata, that's why the bill was £9.94, DESPITE the itemised billing showing in my account £12.36...
So, in conclusion...
Why wasn't the activation email sent immediately as was the case with broadband?
Why are there discrepancies between what I'm being notified and what shows on the itemised billing in the Customer Area?
I wasted my time querying something that was right in the first place; the support guys had to waste their time investigating a case that had no problem, and all just because of the stupid system not notifying the customer timely and accurately.
I just hate when things are not done right first time.
End of rant Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Why can't things be done right first time?

Why wasn't the activation email sent immediately as was the case with broadband?

When your broadband order is completed, we activate your account on our side which turns your broadband 'on'. We also send the email at the same time. However, with telephone the order completes on our supplier's systems and that's what turns your telephone 'on'. We need to then wait for the activation notice from our suppliers. In your case, this was delayed. This doesn't seem to be a system wide issue but we'll be keeping our eyes open for any further examples.
Why are there discrepancies between what I'm being notified and what shows on the itemised billing in the Customer Area?

This is definitely a problem, thanks for flagging it. I've raised it as problem 63416.
GR4CE
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Ben, this is the reply I should have gotten to my ticket Smiley   
This month I've had another discrepancy between online account info and invoice. Jojo is looking that I get a refund of the overcharge, but have a look at this http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88651.0.html as it might be useful to add it to problem 63416.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah, I saw JoJo's ticket, that's a completely separate issue as far as I can tell. Our Quality Assurance people will merge the problems if they believe them to be the same issue, but I don't think that will happen here.