cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I raise a ticket?

geejaytee
Hooked

Why can't I raise a ticket?

I've been a customer with PlusNet (with various levels of account) since 2005, and I've got a question I want to ask support (as it's quite detailed), but can't raise a ticket - the links on "Contact us" only go to online chat and phone (which are both unavailable), and using portal.plus.net/wizard does not give me a link to open a ticket (see attachment)

Has the facility to raise tickets been removed?

15 REPLIES 15
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Why can't I raise a ticket?

Almost.

You have to go on chat, ask a non-trivial question and eventually the script tells the "customer support agent" to raise a ticket. You can view this ticket and add contributions pointing out that any fixes are unsatisfactory.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

cleandishee
Grafter

I know the facility to open new tickets was "hidden" in the recent past.

This was said to encourage use of the "much better" live chat option.

One of the moderators had a direct link to the create ticket page, but I seem to remember reports the tickets either didn't get responded to or even closed with a message saying to call in.

They may have officially killed the option recently, I have to admit i'm not 100% on any announcement but it probably may not get you any response even if you managed to create one.

Others have said the Live Chat isn't working and the phone option always a significant wait, even before the current network issues.

I don't envy you if you have a detailed issue to explain/solve at this time as it appears Plusnet support has "gone into the bunker" so to speak. Hopefully this is temporary.

Sorry I can't give you better news.

Good Luck.

Kinaida
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I'm almost 4 weeks into a Fibre contract after 14 fault free years with Eclipse. (Unwilling transfer but KcCom is running down and will soon close its Residential business)

Sheer hell with Plusnet so far. I have a few basic and simple questions and no method other than 45 + minute waits on a telephone to start a dialogue. No Chat or email contact options.  And with no guarantee that the call will not fail and the wait time message will start again! This has happened to me three times.  I have a billing  question. My Direct Debit will be accessed tomorrow and I will be  overcharged  if the incorrect account detail showing on my profile is applied. The initial offer of a six month reduction in Broadband cost is not showing on the account. But the full tariff charge is!

The inability  for Users to raise a ticket is a pathetic reminder that this company is fast on it's way to passing TalkTalk in the incompetence stakes. Persistent drop outs on the connection, a weak Hub and so on. Unfortunately my Netgear N600 is not enabled for Fibre.

Does anyone have good information on the way the acount information is displayed and whether or not the charge reductions are displayed on the account? I will be grateful for any information.

Does this Community have any clout with Plusnet?  Or is it a convenient steam valve?

Thanks.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Kinaida

Welcome to the forums.

I believe the discount is only shown on the bill not in the accounts section.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Kinaida
Dabbler

Thank you. K

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @geejaytee

Could you elaborate at all on what you want to raise the ticket for an we may be able to help you.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
geejaytee
Hooked

It was an account question - essentially what happens if I decide to move phone services to another provider and cancel the fibre broadband, but I can't give too much details on here and at the time I posted your phone and chat support had closed.

pali888
Dabbler

I have just tried to raise a ticket about my billing as they have increased it without my knowledge. There is no option to raise an open ticket, this is ridiculous. The online web chat option is not working, and their stats say its a 42 mins wait to answered on the phone which i dont want to do.

I've been pretty happy with plusnet over the years, but to have no easy way to log a query is ridiculously bad customer service. I detest companies that hide how to contact them instead of being straightforward open and honest. Not good at all.

Kinaida
Dabbler

The address support@plus.net is the sender of billing information. Responses to this address do not bounce, nonetheless  don't expect a response. I'm waiting for a response to a message sent three weeks ago. In the apparently vain hope that perhaps the service has improved I emailed four days ago. Unsurprisingly nothing is stirring in sleepy Sheffield.

I guess some accurate feedback to the latest Which? shilling tribute is required.

moansalot13
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

try contacting them via Facebook  - they apparently monitor that  - worked when a ticket I had was being ignored.

VileReynard
Hero

Just got some spam from Talk Talk - apparently they are also award winning.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@geejaytee - As you're currently out of contract, there wouldn't be any early termination fees, however depending on how/where the services migrate to, a cease fee may be applicable. More information can be found on the cease fee here.

Feel free to drop me a PM over the forums if you'd prefer.

@pali888 - We don't offer support via email and as far as I'm aware, we never have.

I have however checked your account and can confirm we did send you email notification on 18/07/16 regarding the price increase.

@moansalot13 - The same staff that respond here on the forums with Plusnet Help Team in their signature respond via Facebook/Twitter, so it would essentially just make it likely that someone else on my team responds and gives the same answer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
VileReynard
Hero

Why are people wasting time on social media when they should be answering phone calls?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

HarryB wrote:
The same staff that respond here on the forums with Plusnet Help Team in their signature respond via Facebook/Twitter

When responses from us drop, we get threads like this one: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Where-have-all-the-PN-staff-gone/m-p/1370365#M73433

This forum falls under social media, are you saying you'd prefer that we weren't here to help?

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet