cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why at the weekend...

Mav
Fixes: 514

Why at the weekend...

Been away for the last week but got home this evening to find that StalkStalk had cut my internet & phone on the 7th (not due to go live with PN till 12th).
I should have guessed something was wrong as I was using LogMeIn regularly while away to access my home PC to continue with my OU studies but lost connection late on the 7th. I just assumed the PC had crashed.
Talking to TT is a hiding to nothing but they did confirm I was disconnected on 7th. I had to go back to my mother's to try and sort this out but now wonder will being cut off early from TT cause any problems with the reconnection with PN on Monday? I desperately need the connection to be able to continue with my studies.
If this had happened during the week I know PN would have given an answer and support straight away but hopefully someone can pick this up on Monday for me..

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Why at the weekend...

Assuming both phone and broadband are being switched from TT LLU to Plusnet I don't think early termination of your service from TT will affect the switch. The process involves an engineer at the exchange physically moving patch cables from the TT MSAN onto BT PSTN and broadband equipment then circuit numbers and routing information being added to the line management databases.
Hopefully that will be done early in the day with your phone working again soon afterwards quickly followed by broadband. Smiley
David
Mav

Thanks. Where I live has very poor signal for mobile internet and have go to the end of the garden. Even then it's abysmally slow. I have a Vodaphone 3G dongle and no signal so feel totally cut off Angry
Hope will be sorted early tomorrow. Cold out here so better go back in Grin

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Devonian
Grafter

Mav I can tell you from personal experiance mate, if TT have put a ceased order on your line, and cancelled it, then you will need a new line instal unfortunately, and that costs £50.
If they have just restricted your line, and not cancelled it, BUT you are keeping the same number, then you will need to get the call bar lifted, as a straightforward line migration can't happen with a restricted service line.
Restricting your service is a dirty trick TT use to try and force your hand to stay with them,.
They have done the same and much worse to me.
I had to bite the bullet, and spend out on a new line, I hope you have more luck than I.
Mav

Quote from: Devonian
I hope you have more luck than I.

I seem to have had Smiley
Managed to get a signal on my mobile this morning at around 7 and was able to download a few emails, two of which were informing me that my phone line and broadband were active respectively.
Checked the phone - whoopeee!
Checked the router and all lights were green and I was syncing at 5649 down and 439 up. Changed login details for the router and good to go. Telephone CS to get the upload uncapped so, hopefully, that will show soon.
Thank you PN Smiley

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hurrah!
Great news Mav, glad everything completed on time. The upload order should be completed tomorrow morning for you.
Mav

Thanks Matt.
It's great to be back Smiley
Apart from a billing issue mentioned in another thread everything seems to be in good working order - fingers crossed.
Once everything's sorted I look forward to relaxing and enjoying the service without having to constantly check things like I felt I had to do with StalkStalk  Grin