cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Plusnet trying to take an extra direct debit after migration to BT?

FIXED
AJ7
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Why are Plusnet trying to take an extra direct debit after migration to BT?

I have contacted Plusnet support before (on 2nd September #132905800) and notes have been added to my account but nothing has been actioned and it's now only two days before the erroneous direct debit is taken.

I received notification on 2nd September that Plusnet are taking £31.48 by direct debit on 7th September (less than the 10 working days minimum notice suggested by the direct debit guarantee considering the substantial change in amount) however my line rental, calls and broadband transferred to BT on 2nd September (indeed I had a text from BT confirming the migration prior to waking up) which would have also been the start of the billing period thus no amount is due yet £31.48 is still pending. Is there anyway to get Plusnet billing to actually action anything?
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Why are Plusnet trying to take an extra direct debit after migration to BT?

Hi there,

I can see the account was deactivated on the 2nd but due to the time of day it looks like the payment had already started to clear.

I'll take ownership and make sure the payment is refunded when it's cleared and make sure the account gets closed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AJ7
Hooked

Hi Adam

It's a bit disappointing that Plusnet starting clearing payment when they knew of the migration since 6th August.

Having said that many thanks for your assistance. Have a great day.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries and I'm sorry automation seems to have failed in this instance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AJ7
Hooked

This is getting silly now; I've just got another email saying that Plusnet are taking another payment and reactivating my account!? Can someone please sort this so that my payment is refunded and the account is closed!! My phone line, calls and broadband have been with BT since 2nd September.
AJ7
Hooked

And after 25 minutes on hold and explaining the problem to various departments you cut me off!!
AJ7
Hooked

Fix
On my second phone call managed to speak to a very helpful chap in billing who closed the account and refunded the direct debit (which is back in my bank account already). The automated billing systems appear to be a bit antiquated however the customer service advisors are very helpful and efficient when you eventually get through.
stoswald
Grafter

lets hope so, as I am in the similar situation as you, have left and still being charged!

AJ7
Hooked

Hi Grafter, when you call select option 1 then option 3 and that'll take you straight through to accounts (usually with little or no wait).