cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Plusnet asking for the cessation fee when they say it doesn't apply?

howaylee

Why are Plusnet asking for the cessation fee when they say it doesn't apply?

I got TalkTalk installed yesterday 27th March. I had just let my plusnet internet, no contract, run as normal until the TalkTalk was set up.
Once TalkTalk was up and running I cancelled Plusnet & was told I had to pay the £30 cessation fee.
on the plusnet site it clearly states that...
"Cessation charges don't apply if:
You're a customer without a contract on any of the following products:
Plusnet Essentials
Unlimited"
(I was on unlimited).
So are plusnet contradicting their own website?
I'm also a bit suspicious of the whole thing as the engineer from Openreach had to go to the exchange to change my line etc there and then.
Can anyone shed any light?
3 REPLIES 3
KatC
Grafter

Re: Why are Plusnet asking for the cessation fee when they say it doesn't apply?

Hi there,
Just checked your account for you and this is correct. Due to the package which you signed up for no cessation fee is applicable. I have added the note to you account to this effect. Sorry for the confusion  Sad
howaylee

Re: Why are Plusnet asking for the cessation fee when they say it doesn't apply?

Thank you for sorting this out for me.
Regardless of what anyone else says...during the past few years I've been with Plusnet I must say the customer service has generally been excellent - sorted out all queries I've had efficiently.
thank you and goodbye for now!
KatC
Grafter

Thank you for your gratitude it is always nice to hear.
I wish you all the best with your new service provider.  Smiley