cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am i paying twice as much for a capped as an unlimited usage ????

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Why am i paying twice as much for a capped as an unlimited usage ????

Being very busy and using my computer for work i very rarely go on the PN site however i saw an ad for unlimited broadband usage for £9.99 a month so my question is really have i got some super duper package that i currently pay £19.99 for ( i think there is a £1 for domain name inc) or was PN going to tell me one day that i am paying twice as much as everyone else or was that for me to stumble upon like i have done. Duty of care to customers springs to mind and yes i know its my responsibility for which package i am on but i do think PN should have a duty of care to inform its customers that your package is now obsolete and you can get much better packages or am i wrong and i have got value for money with the package i am on. To rub salt in the wound i was charged another £5 for going over my limit this month. I have tried to ring and due to weather conditions PN are short staffed so i thought someone on here might enlighten me as i have tried to compare packages and nothing much seems different. Plusnet Premium is no longer available so there is no tech info to compare it. i have been with PN since broadband started and never ever used another ISP so i have been a loyal customer but loyalty doesnt seem to count for much theses days. Thanks PS Unfortunately i cant get fibre yet and i am on the broadband package only.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Why am i paying twice as much for a capped as an unlimited usage ????

Assuming that you are on this product http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet_premium_archive.shtml then you are on a Market 1 or 2 exchange and have a 120GB usage allowance
If you are on a Market 1 exchange the price for unlimited is £16.99 per month
This product has only been available since mid Dec and basically is better than your existing product
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Ok Thanks i will change right away and i an glad it was only from December. Just one thing does unlimited mean unlimited or do the normal fair usage terms click in ?
Many Thanks 
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

unlimited means just that, unlimited Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Thats great !!
All my faith in PN restored
Many thanks for your answers Jim and dvorak