cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I now paying more?

daskinner
Grafter

Why am I now paying more?

I have noticed that my monthly price has increased (I dont recall anyone telling me it was going up) I was paying £4.99 per month and now £9.99 yet your TV says you can get it for £2.99
Can you let me know whats going on?
Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Why am I now paying more?

Offers change all the time (annoyingly!) but I'd hazard a guess that you signed up using an introductory offer price of £4.99 for a few months with a 12 month contract?
daskinner
Grafter

That might be the case but I'll like something official from Plusnet to explain why and why I wasn’t told of the increase.. Not impressed I expected better from a company I tell everyone good stories about.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi daskinner,
I have created Ticket: 81548086 on your account to respond to your query. Apologies for any confusion regarding your discounts.
daskinner
Grafter

OK just had this months email and your now telling me your taking £24.99
you you lot making this up as you go along?
I really did rate Plusnet but not anymore. its really poor..
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: daskinner
why I wasn’t told of the increase..
Surely you were told at signup what the long-term rate was and what and for how long it was discounted?
Unless something else is happening it seems you are complaining about being surprised due to your own lack of accurate record-keeping.  Lips_are_sealed
Most people seem to sign up on a discounted offer and these all seem to be very clear on what the changes will be and when.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As the email states
To see a full history of your payments, or to update your payment details, use My Account:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html

More specifically, the View Transactions section
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0
The invoice shows a breakdown of the charges on your account.  
Judging by your posts here 12 months ago I'd say that your LRS has expired and your bill has gone up by £14.99 (to £24.98) as you're now paying the line rental monthly.  As mentioned previously, your bill went from £4.99 to £9.99 as the unlimted ADSL offer 12 months ago was "£4.99 for 12 months and then £9.99 thereafter."
As you may well be outside of your minimum contract it may be worth getting in touch with the Customer Options team to see if they can better what you're paying now.
Residential cancellations
0845 140 6002
0330 123 9197
Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
You'll need your username and password handy

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi daskinner,
I have escalated Ticket: 81548086 to you and I have explained your bill this month. Hope this clarifies things for you.