Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being charged?

FIXED
berryp1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Why am I being charged?

ok, so I accepted another 12 month deal -- I was told that my broadband charge would be zero for 12 months. Great. I'll sign up for that. I then paid my line rental up front for 12 months. So now my monthly charge would only be for phone charges.

So please tell me why I've only got a £5.00 discount for this month rather than the £9.99 discount and how you are going to correct that?

Also, I seem to have to tell the whole world about my account problems. Please tell me where I can discuss this via email (NOT CHAT).

Finally,  please tell me where I can get a copy of my contract that states all these charges explicity -- not the read these terms, oh and you need to see these other terms, oh, and there are some over there, can you see? [-Censored-]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Why am I being charged?

Hi @berryp1,

Sorry to see the incorrect discounts were applied when accepting the new offer on your account.

I'm afraid we don't offer support directly via email, however I see you've since spoken to someone via chat and they've ensure the correct discounts are in place moving forward and have also arrange to get the difference in cost on your recent invoice refunded back to you once the payment clears.

In regards to confirmation of the contract, I believe this should have been emailed over to you when the offer was applied and you can also view this via your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=319905982

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
berryp1
Dabbler

Ok thanks for this. Yes I contacted support. They say it was an error.

If you offered email I wouldn't have to swear. I know it's 20th century technology but it's dead cool -- I can type my message, send and then get on with MY work, rather than typing at a silly popup prompt (someone been on a Javascript course?) that didn't even work first time, and then have to wait for your side to get back to me. Just like on the phone. I am wasting my time whereas with email I waste no time. Ridiculous!

Your contract thingy -- thanks for sending that again. Is this it?

Subject: Confirmation of your new contract and special offer price

Confirmation of your new contract and special offer price
--------
Dear XXXXX,

Account username: [removed]

We're sending this email to confirm the details of your new contract and special offer price.

Your special offer price
========================
From 13/06/2017, your monthly subscription will be £17.99 for 12 months.
Following this your monthly subscription will be £27.98.

Please note: This does not include the cost of any Add-Ons, call costs or call features.

Your new contract
=================
Choosing this package means you will be subject to a new 12 month contract.

This will take effect from 13/06/2017.

Yes I got that. But where is the document that lays down both your and my obligations? That's not a contract. I am talking about the specific agreement between me and Plusnet. I mean the legal agreement between me and Plusnet that tells me what I can and can't do. That is not the text copied above.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Username removed from a public forum.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

@berryp1 wrote:

where is the document that lays down both your and my obligations? That's not a contract. I am talking about the specific agreement between me and Plusnet. I mean the legal agreement between me and Plusnet that tells me what I can and can't do. That is not the text copied above.

It sounds like you're referring to the Terms and Conditions for the service, which you asked to not send you to in your initial post.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
berryp1
Dabbler

Ah ok. thanks for that.

True, I didn't want the terms of service, but the contract that I would be able to wave in a court of law if there were issues. It looks like I'm not going to get that. Thanks for your time responding.

So terms of service are not a contract. ok. Anyway, I think the way that so many technology companies do this is appalling, but I suppose I have no choice. I have to work it out from a pile of contracts. That's just awful (and lazy) behaviour on behalf of the supplier.

But again, thank you for taking the time to engage. The important thing (to me) is that I'm getting my money back.

Let's call the matter closed -- and I'll go into a corner and do exactly what I didn't want to do, which is to build my own contract from the collection of lego contracts you've pointed me to.

Hmm.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @HarryB as per message #4.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still