cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being charged money when I am due a large rebate?

PhilAtkinson

Why am I being charged money when I am due a large rebate?

I left PlusNet on the 16th June 2017 & I have hardly ever used my phone in the 4 months I have had it installed; only 3 times in memory. So why must I now pay a £0.32 charge when I am due a significant rebate. Since I have been a PlusNet customer for under 4 months & paid for 1 year up-front, the rebate I am due is £185.88 / 12 x 8 months remaining = £123.92.

I have been told that this will be credited to my account within 5 days of leaving but so far I have only received notification of additional charges & no-mention of such a rebate. It has now been over 5 days so I'd like to understand when this will be refunded?

Please explain this situation?

5 REPLIES 5
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Why am I being charged money when I am due a large rebate?

Hi @PhilAtkinson

I'm sorry you've had these problems, I don't know what's happened but I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can help.

Could you PM me your Username please.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
JonoH
Hero

Thanks for the PM.

I've looked at your account and I'm sorry to say that due to an error on our part we had not processed your refund. I'm sorry this has happened and I will be providing feedback to those concerned to try to learn from our mistake.

I don't know if it's your intention to remain with us for your broadband but I can confirm that that is currently with us and active. I've processed your refund and it will be with you sometime in the next 10 working days.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Jono H
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@JonoH,

Managing expexctations...

If the BB remains with PN will it be subject to a £2.50 pcm increase, being the removal of the discount for having both phone and BB with PN?

If the phone migration has been done under the price increase rules, if the BB migrates too (follow through order) will it be subject to ETCs?

If the BB migrated to a LLU provider (if ADSL) will the BB termination charge also apply?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero

Always happy to help manage expectations

If the BB remains with PN will it be subject to a £2.50 pcm increase, being the removal of the discount for having both phone and BB with PN?

If it remains all discounts on the account will be removed and an additional broadband only charge of £2.50 will be added.

If the phone migration has been done under the price increase rules, if the BB migrates too (follow through order) will it be subject to ETCs?

No, the OP is entitled to leave without charge.

If the BB migrated to a LLU provider (if ADSL) will the BB termination charge also apply?

I think the cessation charge will still be applicable but I'm not sure, I'm sure that @HarryB asked this question recently, I'll ask him on Monday what answer he got.

Jono H
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

JonoH wrote:

I think the cessation charge will still be applicable but I'm not sure, I'm sure that @HarryB asked this question recently, I'll ask him on Monday what answer he got.

While Early Termination Charges would be waived if leaving due to the price rise, I'm afraid the cessation charge would still be charged if applicable.

More information on when the cessation charge would be applicable can be found here: https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/charges-for-removing-broadband/

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet