cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why after cancelling my service ..........

Haybasha
Rising Star

Why after cancelling my service ..........

..... have you now reinstated me on a broadband only service and sent me an invoice for a further £12.50?

I left PlusNet last month and my last payment was made on 4th October, but after waiting in a chat queue for some 40 minutes I was told they would need to transfer me which I declined as I have a life to lead and work to be getting on with without sitting waiting in queues to rectify your mistake.

Can one of the mods please advise if this situation has been rectified as I cancelled all direct debits with PlusNet once my last payment was made and do not have the time nor the patience to deal with your company further.

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Why after cancelling my service ..........

All mods are customers like yourself with no access to your account details.

A member of staff will pick this up soon.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Haybasha
Rising Star

Appreciate that Mav, and thanks for the response. Hopefully it will get sorted as PlusNet will not be getting paid anyway.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi Haybasha,

I am sorry to hear about this and the issues that you have had.

I have investigated this and found why this had happened. The reason the account reactivated was because it was only in a deactivated state and when you made the final payment it reactivated the service but on a broadband only package.

I have now cancelled this for you and cleared the other charges off the account for you so there's nothing to worry about now. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Haybasha
Rising Star

@BenB

Thanks for your help although I note my account is no longer accessible but I've received an email stating my service will cease on 13th October 2016.

It actually ceased on 20th September, please confirm that I will not be receiving any surprise demands for payments I do not owe.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It sounds like your account is now closed if you can't access the portal through the Member Centre. After account closure, sometimes you can receive an automated email that explains that a cease order has been placed even if the asset is already ceased. I'd recommend ignoring that email as Ben has advised he's cleared all the outstanding charges off your account.

I hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Haybasha
Rising Star

I'd have a hard time receiving any email as you ceased that too.