Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a bill?

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Why a bill?

I migrated away from Plusnet yesterday. My billing date is the 1st of the month.

Why am I to be billed £20.98 for a service I no longer receive and where has this random sum come from? It is for the dates 1st to 31st May 2018 according to the bill.

11 REPLIES 11
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Why a bill?

The billing process is 'set in motion' some time before your actual billing date; PN's ancient billing system won't consider the fact that you are migrating until you've actually done so.  Any payment taken by DD will be refunded to you, directly into your bank account if you leave your DD active, or by cheque if you don't.  They may need to be reminded!

newagetraveller
Pro

Thanks Jonpe. I can always invoke the DD guarantee if all else fails. I doubt that will be necessay though. They have already been reminded about a refund of 8 months unused LRS.

I picked the 30th to hopefully avoid any billing complications.Roll_eyes

Yes, the DD is and will remain active until it's finalised.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @newagetraveller

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear you have left our services. I have responded via your account here, which I hope helps put your mind at ease.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro

Samantha - after this,

"Internal

Please close account and process the relevant refund as services migrated on the 30/04/2018.
"

written (2nd May) as an addition to ticket 173742259, has my account not been closed, I've had £20+ taken from my bank account and still no refund of unused line rental?

Please explain or should I lodge a complaint?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear that.

As your direct debit has completed, I'm sorting this out for you now.

I'll post back shortly.

[edit]

This should be resolved now.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by the wait.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro

Thanks for that.Thumbs_Up

I was advised, during a phone call to CS, that the refunds would be credited to my bank account. The DD mandate is still open. However, in the messages received it states that the refunds will be go to the payment card. Which method will be used? Which card? It will be very inconvenient if they are refunded to the credit card I used to pay LRS because that will place it into a large credit balance. The messages also stated that PN will cancel the DD with my bank which doesn't matter because I may do that myself anyway.

I can't remember which card was set up in my account as a payment back up, assuming that card might be used to refund,  and now I can't check because the account is closed and that information is not now accessible.Roll_eyes

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries.

However, in the messages received it states that the refunds will be go to the payment card. Which method will be used? Which card? It will be very inconvenient if they are refunded to the credit card I used to pay LRS because that will place it into a large credit balance.

As per my response to you via e-mail here, we'll send you the refunds back to the respective payment methods you used.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I can't remember which card was set up in my account as a payment back up, assuming that card might be used to refund

I provided the last 4 digits of the card number in the e-mail.

now I can't check because the account is closed and that information is not now accessible.

Have you tried logging in? From what I can see the portal login component is still active.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro

Thank you Anoush and my apologies.

I must either pay a visit to Specsavers or learn to read things fully. You are correct and I've now re-read the e-mail properly.

Egg on face.Embarrassed

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems @newagetraveller

All the best with your new provider and hopefully we'll see you back in the future.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro

Sorry for dragging this up again but the unused LRS and a random 83p has been credited to my bank account. however, the £20.98 taken for May's non service has not.

I notice the Direct Debit mandate has now disappeared, presumably cancelled by Plusnet. How can the £20.98 now be refunded?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @newagetraveller,

I've checked and your £20.98 refund is still processing. This was sent on the 9th of May so you should receive it back into your bank account by the 23rd of May at the latest.

As your refund was sent before the direct debit instruction was removed from your account, this will be able to go back into the bank that you were paying your direct debit from without issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team