Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why PN cannot confirm my new agreement in writing

BERTJ
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Why PN cannot confirm my new agreement in writing

On sunday l altered my broadband to fibre extra at a deal PN advertised.

l asked PN via chat to confirm in writing my deal linked with previous agreed deal on tv and bt sports .

l also asked them to confirm the expiry date of the new upgrade.

They said that due to their billing problems they could not confirm my details.

This is bad business pratice on behalf of PN and l would ask them again to confirm my full updated details so l can be satisfied that it is as l think before the 14 day grace period expires.

Come on PN show you care.

9 REPLIES 9
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Why PN cannot confirm my new agreement in writing

Hi @BERTJ,

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get the answers you were looking for in your recent contact with ourselves. I've raised a response regarding this on your account, which can be viewed here.

If there is anything else that you would like further clarity on then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we will be more than happy to assist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
BERTJ
Rising Star

Thank you for your response but you need to clarify various other points that l have detailed in my to your help assistance response.

Please clarfy these points.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @BERTJ,

I've picked up your reply and left a further response answering the questions raised. I hope this helps but if there are any further queries you have then please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
BERTJ
Rising Star

l have seen your reply and cannot accept the terms.

Using my 14 days option to cancel l would ask you cancel my new contract and revert to my previous contract unchanged including tv and bt sports special terms.

Please see my response in help assistance.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @BERTJ,

I've responded further to the ticket now.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
BERTJ
Rising Star

l have cancelled my new contract with the options team as within the 14 days grace period not happy with the mixed replies l have had from PN not one was consistant with the other so gave me no cnfidence to continue.

l have reverted back to my old contract till September 2020 .

l have also cancelled my bt sports as l cannot afford the 150 pct increase PN suggested.

Perhaps when my contract is finished l will look for a new provider as PN have given me no confidence .

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @BERTJ 

I'm sorry to see you've decided to cancel your new minimum contract term.

Unfortunately it's difficult for us to process billing changes while we've got billing suspended.

We'll move you back to your previous agreement as soon as we've unsuspended your account billing and if you want to agree to a new minimum term following that I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BERTJ
Rising Star

lf your customers are being messed about so much by PN with their major billing problems (been going since Sept 2018 ) , unacceptable increases to bt sports (100pct) and  past increases why do PN not consider offering those customers the option of paying the last 90 days billing charges ( as they have said they would do to those effected ).

But also give those  customers affected the option of cancelling their contract with PN without any termination charges as an act of good will from the company who" Will do you proud ''?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @BERTJ

The BT Sport app increase isn't part of any contract, so there's nothing to cancel in that regard - any 12/18/24 month contract that a customer holds would relate to their landline and broadband, not BT Sport App - this operates on a rolling monthly contract and can be cancelled at any point in time. Where an increase to landline or broadband occurs, we already offer our customers the opportunity to leave without fees.

In terms of the billing issues, as much as these aren't ideal for anyone involved, they aren't grounds for account cancellation - in many cases customers are being provided service for free in the short term (because of the billing issues) and effectively being given services for free in the long term (because of the 90 day cut-off) - if a customer did leave and migrate to another provider, they'd simply end up paying for a service as they should be already via Plusnet. I understand that there are some exceptions to this (missing discounts and such forth) but we're happy to take ownership of these issues and resolve them directly with the parties involved - a blanket "cancel your contract if you like" ruling is unlikely to be beneficial for the majority.

Best wishes

Dave