cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Screen of death

cgfletcher

Re: White Screen of death

I asked for my bills to be e-mailed to me, but I still have not had them and it is now nearly a week.

Also, one seems to wait ages before the plusnet website pages respond.

isolarion72
Dabbler

I've now spoken to three Plusnet people on their support line.They were all helpful and friendly, but only one even vaguely knew of the existence of this problem and had heard of some reports, and one flat-out denied that there had been any reports of it at all. I told him there had, and insisted he pass on my complaint. Also I've been cut off twice during my calls to the support line when they've tried to pass me on to someone else, which is very irritating after waiting 20 minutes to get through.

In general I've been very satisfied with Plusnet's service over the years, but this situation is ridiculous and Plusnet's handling of it has been terrible. I will be considering switching providers if it isn't addressed very soon.

RRM
Rising Star

I now have an email saying I haven’t paid my bill???? What bill? I didn’t receive the usual notification of DD. Further the amount is incorrect not what I was told I would be paying!!! Come on Plusnet sort it out please.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@RRM it may be worth checking plusnet webmail as copies of the DD notification also gets sent there so may be worth checking.

RRM
Rising Star

@jamesanstee Thank you for the information, can you please provide a link or details on how I access my PlusNet webmail, as I have never done this. All my DD reminders are normally sent to my personal email address and go through without issue.

Following my post, I did receive a further email advising that a DD was going to be processed on 1st Feb 2019 for £0.85? Not the incorrect amount which was much more I was advised about earlier the same day????Huh

Using Chrome, I managed to just about log in this morning and make a payment for the outstanding incorrect balance, nothing further worked. I also noted that my account was restricted!

Whilst trying to gain access, I also called and spoke to [CSA Removed], he confirmed that accounts in arrears are now being restricted after 1 day instead of 2 weeks (system problems) and mine was restricted!!! He advised, he would remove all restrictions on my account and could see I had made a payment. He is going to speak to the billing department at 9am and I have been promised a call back at about 9.15am.... we shall see.

RRM

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Just jumping onto this issue.  Is there someone able to replicate this consistently this morning?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Yes, I can on my main account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kelly
Hero

Pming you.

Kelly Dorset
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I've just PMd you!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scotthatton
Dabbler

Fails for me 100% of the time.  2 laptops and 1 phone, chrome, ie and firefox.

Tested again this morning, still broken.

I click My Account > Broadband Phone & TV > Broadband.  Then most settings fail with white screen:

View my usage - FAIL

Safe Surf Option - FAIL

Connection Details - FAIL

Auto logon - FAIL

Upgrade Account - OK

Broadband Firewall  - FAIL

Order Tracker - FAIL

Starter Pack - FAIL

Automatic Hardware Setup - FAIL

Broadband Trouble Shooter - OK

rippedoffme
Grafter

Happens 24/7 since first noticed over a week ago.

No info received from PN & bill due 3 Feb. The last thing I need is a repeat of the problems I had in the first 4 months of being a PN customer! Still no compensation.

Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I can replicate it any time any day - and have been able to for maybe 3 weeks ? Maybe 4 weeks - time flies

My last Bill was due 24th December so I presume I am due one any time now

My base problem (that led me to find the WSOD fault) is that I am signed up for Anytime Calls including Mobiles but it appears that I might be being charged for them - but PN cannot confirm that yet as they were waiting for my bill to generate

The latest progress I was told was in the Open Questions section but when I click it I get WSOD so I am no further forward

Kelly
Hero

FYI, we've found the bug.   We'll need to make a code change to fix.  Sorry for the inconvenience!     We'll let you know when we plan to push out a fix.

Kelly Dorset
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

We believe we've resolved this issue, and are no longer able to replicate it internally. We do know though there's no test quite as efficient as asking you guys to take a look yourselves. 

In order for us to make sure that we've actually fixed this for customers, can those of you who've been impacted please log in and let us know how you get on? 

Thanks everyone for your patience 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Many thanks .... works for me so hopefully will for everyone else

My primary issue (being charged for Mobile Phone Calls) looks like it is still an issue in that I have paid in advance to have them included in my Plan but can now see I have been charged for them - so I will add that to my Open Question as I can now see that too

Cheers bamboozled