Re: White Screen of death

@Strat wrote:

I'll try again in the morning.

Let us know how that goes, please Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
lilyrose2019

Not fixed her but it's not the white screen if death anymore it's the message of death
RRM
Rising Star

Seems to be working for me now in Firefox only. It’s still very slow, but at least I can gain access
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@JonoH wrote:

Let us know how that goes, please Smiley 

@JonoH I successfully logged in to the portal this morning Smiley

Went to 'Billing' and received this:

Network error in billing.JPG

Clicked 'Try Again' and after 30 odd seconds Billing page opened.

I closed down and restarted Firefox, Logged back into the Portal and subsequently Billing with the same results as above.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

What time @Strat?

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Strat
Community Veteran

@JonoH About 15 minutes ago.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Strat
Community Veteran

I tried again at 12:22.

Same procedure and error message.

Finally opened Billing at 12:25.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Strat,

We're currently unable to replicate the issue with any other customer and are looking for more examples. Now it has opened, let us know if anything changes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I logged into my account at about 14:10 hrs & the bills, calls & questions links all worked.

Strat
Community Veteran

I have noticed that my Firefox incurred a substantial update on the 29th of Jan and the error message I received in  my post  here was generated by the updated Firefox and could be a 'known problem'.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Strat are you able to see if rolling back to the previous FF stops it happening?  I can't install your current version to try it atm.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Strat
Community Veteran

@Kelly I rolled back to previous FF version and I just get the white screen below the links line with 'Logout' on the end.

Then I let FF update and tried again and the protocol error popped up on the white screen after clicking 'Billing'

Kelly
Hero

@Strat wrote:

@Kelly I rolled back to previous FF version and I just get the white screen below the links line with 'Logout' on the end.

So you get the menu, but nothing beneath it? That's slightly different to what we were seeing earlier as the menu wasn't rendering either. Do the menu links do anything? If you grab the source of the page, does it look cut off? Could you save it and send it over? Sorry for the hassle with having to roll back. Do you have an antivirus or similar protection program running? If you try with that disabled, does it work?
Kelly Dorset
Kelly
Hero

If you hit F12 when on the page with the white screen and look at the console tab, are there any interesting errors? You might need to refresh the page once the console tab is open to see any errors.

Kelly Dorset
Strat
Community Veteran

@Kelly

@Kelly wrote:

So you get the menu, but nothing beneath it?

Correct

Do the menu links do anything?

They all work as expected apart from the Billing one which throws up the Protocol error after half a minute or so.

I'm not familiar enough with HTML to judge the page source but I have attached it.

Disabling my Kaspersky Total Security makes no difference.

Suggestions please on how to send you the source page.

I tried copy and paste into a txt file but file attachment doesn't like it and zipping is unacceptable also.