Did you mean: 

Where's my refund?

FIXED
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Where's my refund?

You should be able to collect this from your local post office and collect the letter. I have contacted our billing team none the less just to double check what's going on for you @Helen94

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

As far as I remember so-called 'Signed for' (formerly known as ' Recorded delivery') items are only kept by the Post Office for one week, so if someone is away for longer than that, they might miss a delivery and find the item has been returned to sender.  I'm not sure why PN would want to send a crossed cheque in this way though.

Helen94
Dabbler

Thanks, if that letter did contain my cheque the Post Office told me it had been returned to sender and they said they couldn’t tell me who it was from. So frustrating - a cheque shouldn’t need to be signed for. Any help from PN would be appreciated.

buster666
Dabbler

Have been waiting for a refund now for weeks!! 

Helen94
Dabbler

I am also still waiting too. There has been no update or communication since last week. I have tried to access online chat and the telephone line repeatedly with no success. It makes no sense at all. 

buster666
Dabbler

Absolute joke! promised to refund me within 5 days then 20 days, that was weeks ago.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@buster666, as per my reply to your thread Here just now I've manually processed this for you and you should receive the refund within the next 14 working days by cheque. Apologies again for the continued delays. 

@Helen94, from looking at your account we sent your cheque refund at the beginning of last month. I've raised this with our billing team to investigate further and they'll update you via this ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=184537774 soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Helen94
Dabbler

So the latest news is that PN have confirmed my refund has been processed and that a cheque will be posted within 14 days. Why does it take 14 days to put a cheque in an envelope? Why refund by cheque?. I guess it keeps the money in the PN account longer.  I appreciate the help provided by the support team on this forum but I resent the fact that I had to use a public forum in order to get a response from PN. The Plusnet company appears to be providing very limited access to its support phone line and online chat services. It is also holding onto customers refunds way beyond what would be deemed reasonable - three months in my case. I also resent that having paid instantly by credit card on 13th Aug - followed by confirmation of cancellation on 17th August,  I now have to wait for a cheque to arrive in snail mail. I will then have to take the cheque to the bank. This has been nothing but trouble for me. End result is that I would never consider taking a contract with Plusnet in the future.

briandow50
Dabbler

Pleased to see you seem to have a result, albeit the proof is in the pudding as to when and if the cheque actually arrives.

Other reason I am pleased is that my refund was originally promised on the 22 August so It looks like Plusnet are working through their backlog (?). 3 Months!

Of course, my latest  'Ticket' is not off hold again until tomorrow at 7am , so perhaps I am being overly optimistic. Tickets just seem a way to put off doing anything for a fortnight in the hope that people give up in trying to get monies back from them.It contributes to the £300M+ annual turnover and staff bonuses.

Going to email their CEO Andy Baker tomorrow if not sorted and include copies of all of the tickets, including the one where the CS said a cheque had been sent (A lie), although no doubt his inbox is full of customer complaints by now.

Of course it's all being put down to their new Billing system, perhaps they should ask the Teletubbies for a refund of some of the monies they were given to develop it!

buster666
Dabbler

Yeah, from the posts that if read the possibility of receiving it within 2 weeks is a bit like a lottery! 

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

I hope everyone posting about the difficulties of getting money refunded by Plusnet has taken the option to report Plusnet to OFCOM as this one area where OFCOM will log reports of billing failures and investigate failing firms.

While OFCOM will not help any individual, it will use all evidence in future investigations.

The OFCOM page is https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Helen94
Dabbler

Thanks for the link, I will definitely be using it.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @briandow50.

I am very sorry for the issues you have faced in receiving a refund and the inconvenience this has caused you. I have added further information on the account here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
briandow50
Dabbler

Plusnet Reply shown below

'It seems that there was an issue in closing the account which was preventing the refund being issued. The account has now been closed (as of yesterday) and a final invoice will be generated within the next 20 days, once created, your refund will be issued.'

So, best case scenario is another 3 weeks to get a cheque you promised in August.

Worst case scenario assuming the 20 days are calendar days and you stay within the 14 working days to issue a cheque means  I should receive my money on Xmas Day. As banks are closed  I should have a cleared cheque sometime in 2019? 

Does PS really see this as acceptable customer service?  I just wish I was able to bill you for the hours spent trying to get through to CS and in trying to get you to deal with this in a prompt, efficient manner which should be the aim of all customer focused companies.

buster666
Dabbler

Received my refund today in the post.