Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my refund?

FIXED
ajt1
Dabbler

Where's my refund?

Hi, I signed up to switch landline and broadband to Plusnet from BT on 2nd September and paid £221.83 by card for 12 months line rental upfront. I then changed my mind, and cancelled the switch to Plusnet on 5th September. Despite being promised a refund when I called to cancel, this wasn't received. Called Customer Services a second time and told to wait a few more days....no refund. Called again on 14th September & was told the refund had not even been actioned! A question 182645876 was then raised on the account asking the billing team to authorise & send the refund, but it's now 24th September, I still haven't had my refund.

Please could someone just give me my money back???

Andrew

58 REPLIES 58
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Where's my refund?

Fix

Hi @ajt1.

Apologies for the delay in responding to your request, I appreciate you commenting on this.

I have sent you a response here.

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

drivingmemad

I've got almost the same issue. I signed up - very quickly answered and money taken - on 3 September and paid line rental for a year. i had a query from Plusnet that evening about my postcode. I resolved it very quickly with Openreach, then attempted to contact plusnet to tell them. After wating for ages on the phone, meanwhile going round in never ending loops online,and unable to contact via Live Chat I gave up thinking it would be ok as I'd done it. Next morning I was most surprised to have a message saying service had been delayed. Round the same loops and waits to speak to someone... Finally decided to try to make a complaint so someone would notice. Still nothing. So I tried cancellations with no real intention of cancelling. By the time i spoke to a human I was so fed up I went ahead and cancelled. The basic you expect is being able to contact someone when you need to. I was promised a full refund in 5 working days. Tried various means of contact with no luck when the promised refund failed to appear. I persevered last Friday 21st and eventually spoke to someone who said the refund would be escalated and the money would be in my account in 20 minutes. Quickly followed by an email saying that due to the change in account systems they couldn't do that and a cheque would be sent in 21 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I am still waiting...

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi there,

I sincerely apologise for the delay in you receiving your refund.

From looking into your account, I can see that you've already had information in regards to your query. I have added another ticket to this for you to view here

I understand that this is frustrating and I really do appreciate your patience in getting this matter resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Aisha

dmfoster

Hi

I signed up to Plusnet as a fibre customer and paid £203.88 for a year's line rental back in February - Plusnet took me on as a customer, and then a couple of weeks later wrote to say it couldn't provide me with broadband after all because we were oversubscribed in my area.

I don't believe I ever received a refund for this - I was already feeling disappointed and let down.

Daniel

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @dmfoster,

Thank you for getting in contact and apologies to see this. I have created a ticket on your account for you to look over here.

cas1954

Hi. I'm new to the forum and cannot see where I can post so hopefully I will get a reply from Plusnet by replying to this post. Apologies if not doing this right and maybe someone can advise me on the correct way to post,

My issue is  almost the same whereby I cancelled my contract on 7th Sept as BT were matching Plusnet prices. I have paid £42.94 up front. I got in touch and was told the money would be refunded. I telephoned on 21st Sept as refund had not gone into my bank. I have been trying since the weekend to contact PN but after waiting 45mins after being told call waiting time was 5mins I had to give up as I was going out. Since then call times are 25/30mins. I have better things to be doing with my time as I am also very busy. I tried online chat as well but no advisor available there either. I emailed a reply to an email they sent me, only for a reply to come back saying this email address cannot receive emails. I don't know how else to contact them

cas1954

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@cas1954 I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've sent this off to the relevant team for this to be chased up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cas1954

Thank you Mathew Wheeler for replying to my post but how will PN refund my money or know how to contact me other than by this post as I haven't given you any details.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @cas1954

Your username is usually shown to staff members here on the forums, I can see Matt raised this for you here.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help out with.

Helen94
Dabbler

I have a similar problem. I signed with Plusnet on 13th Aug then was persuaded by BT to stay with them (because they said they own Plusnet anyway and could offer me a better deal). So I rang Plusnet on 17/8/18 to cancel and request refund of the £206 I had paid upfront for line rental. I was assured that I would receive a refund shortly. I also received email confirmation that the order had been cancelled. I have since made several phone calls to Plusnet to enquire  about this refund and each time the phone is answered I am told that the accounts department are processing my refund.  It has been very frustrating because the phone calls to Plusnet are not usually isn’t answered - I have been left on hold for 30-40 minutes on several occasions. likewise there is no availability of online chat despite that being the recommended route for accessing help). Will I ever get this refund? I just don’t understand why Plusnet is holding onto this money for nearly three months now. It isn’t good business practice to treat customers like this. The money was taken from my credit card account (which I have had to pay) so it should be refunded to that account. I do hope you can help.

briandow50
Dabbler

Contact your creditcard company. You may be able to claim back the money through them under section 75.Could be quicker than waiting for P.S. to actually do something. I have bee waiting for two and a half months for a small refund

Helen94
Dabbler

Thanks I was wondering about doing that but want to see if Plusnet will resolve this. I was very concerned to see on this thread so many customers with the same problem. I’ll be raising it on other forums because consumers have a right to know about this.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Helen94 I'm really sorry to hear you haven't received your refund yet.

There's a ticket open on your account regarding this which you can view by going here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Helen94
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew, the information you have given me access to indicates that Plusnet were unable to do an electronic refund (which seems odd when the money was taken electronically) it says a cheque was to be sent out on 3rd Oct to reach me in 21 days. I have not received the cheque.  I was on holiday in October and when I got home there was a note from the post office that I had missed a letter that had required a signature. They wouldn’t tell me who the sender was - just wondering if that was my refund. Are you able to pass this on to Plusnet and ask them to resend the cheque?