cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my broadband?

scott28tt

Where's my broadband?

This is not a good start as a plusnet customer...
I placed a "phone and broadband" order on December 12th, and got a call a few days later informing me it would all happen today, December 22nd, and that I'd be notified when everything was ready. At 4pm today I'd heard nothing so I called plusnet to ask for an update, to be told my phone line was active but my broadband order had been cancelled by "the system".
I was stunned at what I heard next! I was told that there was only a 50:50 chance on a dual order that the broadband element wouldn't get cancelled. Ridiculous! That's the first I've heard or been warned about that, the girl I spoke to said that plusnet agents often inform customers of that in advance so expectations are set. Really?
I am massively disappointed with this - I now have to wait until December 31st to get broadband on my line. I am waiting for a manager to call me back, not that I'm going to hold my breath for that to happen, and I'm going to be asking for some form of compensation for the appaling service offered right at the start of my time as a plusnet customer.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Scott.
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Where's my broadband?

the girl I spoke to said that plusnet agents often inform customers of that in advance so expectations are set. Really?

We only wish to be open and honest and it sounds like the person you spoke to was doing that.
and I'm going to be asking for some form of compensation

We don't provide compensation I'm afraid, however we do need to make a gesture of good will. I will drop you an e-mail with details of this.
I'm sorry for the delays you've encountered here. I'm going to take a look at your account now and see if there is anything I can do to push the order through any sooner.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scott28tt

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately the problem here is that the first agent I spoke to in advance of Dec 22nd didn't inform me that the broadband service might not be provided on the same day as my phone line - so my expectation as a customer was to receive both services on Dec 22nd. It was only after I contacted Customer Services on Dec 22nd that I was told about the 50:50 chance of the broadband being cancelled.
I look forward to receiving your email to <removed>
Scott.
jim:green email address removed as you can be emailed using the forum link mod:end
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

scott28tt,
Can you confirm if your service is active and working OK. I've just checked your account and everything looks OK from my point of view.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scott28tt

Hi Adam,
Yes everything is working fine now - I'm still waiting to receive your email in relation to the gesture of goodwill you mentioned.
Thanks,
Scott.
Vip3r
Grafter

OK, c'mon, who thinks that being told you only have a 50:50 chance of getting broadband at the same time as your phone line is acceptable. If Plusnet / BT / Openreach can't organise to do 2 (related) things at the same time, somebody (probably more than one) needs to get fired! I vote for whoever is in charge of OpenReach for a start. It must cost more £ for BT to do it in 2 visits rather than one?
Really, how hard can it be for the engineer who is at the exchange to connect the phone line, to also add the jumper or whatever it is, for the broadband? If they are not qualified to do both they should not be assigned the job.
The only excuse is if the exchange is full and no more broadband connections can be made, and in this case BT should know ahead of time!
BTW Happy new year  Wink
scott28tt

Thanks Vip3r, I did think it was a bit odd, and wan't happy when I was told what I was told.
And to Adam, I'm STILL waiting for your email with your "gesture of goodwill" - is your company going to continue to disappoint me as a customer?
Scott.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi scott28tt,
Adam's not in today but I've just sent you an email which includes Adam's original reply.
Jojo Smiley