cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my £75 cashback email?

FIXED
pea5t

Where is my £75 cashback email?

My service went live on 18-September, but I have not received the email regarding the £75 cashback claim. Judging from the number of similar posts, it seems like this process is not as automatic as Plusnet would have us believe.....?

14 REPLIES 14
zxcvbnm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Where is my £75 cashback email?

I followed the details here

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/

as directed after ten working days I called the specified number and they said oh, confirmed I was eligible and offered to activate my card application over the phone instead. And sure enough it turned up ten days later so that was pleasing.

It's hard for us to know if they send the emails out reliably but they must look exactly like the sort of scam spam emails that are often invisibly filtered out. Definitely a flaw in their system.

0800 587 2013 of course if they deny you are eligible you have a different problem but cross that bridge if you come to it...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @pea5t I'm sorry to see you've not received an email to redeem your cashback. Our system is showing this to be sent on 26-Sep-2019 at 00:00 from no-reply@plusnetrewards.com.

To make things easier I've added the link to the short form the email contains to a support ticket on your account you can view from Here. Once you've redeemed this you'll receive your cashback within 30 days.

I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pea5t

Ok, many thanks Gandalf. I have submitted the claim.

i have no recollection of receiving an email on 26-Sept, and would not have deleted it, as I was looking out for it. There is no trace of it in my spam folder either. It seems very "strange" that so many people are reporting non-receipt of the cashback emails.

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem, the main thing is that you've got your cashback claimed now Thumbs_Up

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Susier

Hi I I'm also waiting for my my email so that I can reclaim my cashback. My service went live on the 22nd of September but I can find no trace of the email being sent. I have checked my spam folder and nothing. Could you please assist.
dholdi

Hi I I'm also waiting for my my email so that I can reclaim my cashback. My service went live on the 12 th of September but I can find no trace of the email being sent. I have checked my spam folder and nothing. Could you please assist.

pea5t

@Susier wrote:
Hi I I'm also waiting for my my email so that I can reclaim my cashback. My service went live on the 22nd of September but I can find no trace of the email being sent. I have checked my spam folder and nothing. Could you please assist.

Hopefully, a PlusNet representative will respond to your post, and resolve your query.

I must say that there seems to be a pattern here, witness the number of posts saying exactly the same thing, i.e. cashback email not received. Very strange that Plusnet seems capable of successfully delivering all the service start-up emails, yet the one to give money back mysteriously disappears into the ether. Of course, each time someone fails to recognise this problem results in Plusnet being £75 better off. I wonder why they wouldn't simply credit the beneficiary's broadband invoice with £4.16 per month for 18 months?  Just saying!

pea5t

@dholdi wrote:

Hi I I'm also waiting for my my email so that I can reclaim my cashback. My service went live on the 12 th of September but I can find no trace of the email being sent. I have checked my spam folder and nothing. Could you please assist.

Hopefully, a PlusNet representative will respond to your post, and resolve your query.

I must say that there seems to be a pattern here, witness the number of posts saying exactly the same thing, i.e. cashback email not received. Very strange that Plusnet seems capable of successfully delivering all the service start-up emails, yet the one to give money back mysteriously disappears into the ether. Of course, each time someone fails to recognise this problem results in Plusnet being £75 better off. I wonder why they wouldn't simply credit the beneficiary's broadband invoice with £4.16 per month for 18 months?  Just saying!

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @dholdi 

I'm really sorry to hear about your delay. I have manually claimed this for you. A ticket and SMS update will be with you shortly. 

Hi @Susier

We can see that you claimed yours earlier today. 

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. 

Kind Regards

Ollie 

Susier

I finally got this sorted by calling the cashback telephone number. The advice that they were not Plusnet but the company who deals with the sending out cashbacks. So far so good. One thing that did come up in the conversation however was that it's not strictly ' cash back'. They send a preloaded MasterCard which I'm assuming is a credit card! Have I unwittingly applied for credit facilities ? I may be wrong but let's see what turns up through the post. Maybe other members have already received their card and could answer this for me?
dholdi

Hi,

I'm pretty sure when I applied it was a preloaded credit card.

Thats fine with me, using a bit of plastic loaded with cash is no different to them sending me folding ones,makes no difference to me.

Cheers

Dave

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back in touch @Susier.

Glad to hear you managed to get it sorted. On occasions our cashback promotions are for reward cards rather than in a cheque format. However, I can assure you that you haven't signed up to any credit facility. The amount of your cashback is automatically loaded onto the card of which you can then use online or in a shop. Once the amount has been used up you can then dispose of the card should you wish, or reload the card with more funds at your own discretion.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
damir

Hi Gandalf - Can you look into my account and find out whats happening to my cashback claim email?

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @damir,

I have emailed you the link to redeem your cashback. You can also here to access view the link.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team