cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my £50 cashback cheque?

mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: Where is my £50 cashback cheque?

I'm also over-due cashback what do I do to get it claimed?
kgmck

I signed up with Plusnet and signed for a package with cashback. The contract stated i would receive the cashback email within 10 days of activation, its now long past that time. I have written numerous emails etc to plusnet customer services, and spent ages with different staff members on the phone. Despite all this i have been offered no reason for their failure to give me the cashback as stated in my contract with them. I intend to take stringent measures shortly because i have had enough!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: kgmck
I have written numerous emails etc to plusnet customer services,

If you didn't mean tickets/questions via http://contactus.plus.net and have actually sent emails not one of them will have been read as no Plusnet mailboxes are monitored.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Lock and point here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135102.0.html ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jess1808
Dabbler

I joined plusnet in august, I clicked on the link on their own site which said £50 cashback  and filled in all my details, I was a little worried I'd done something wrong as there was no mention of the cashback on the next page so I even did it again making sure I'd clicked on the right link and read any fine print, after a week I emailed asking about how to get it and got a reply saying I was not entitled, I immediately rang plusnet where the women on the phone told me I would indeed get it and would be posted soon, however it never arrived and upon asking where it is, received a reply stating I am not entitled as the first person said, someone please explain why I am being told different and how I could not be entitled when I did it through the link!
I wouldn't be bothered but I am a student with shared internet and I paid £50 extra than my flatmates on the basis I would be getting it back!
gillharper11

I was never sent an email with a link to start the process of claiming my £50 cash back.  I have been in constant touch with PlusNet Customer Services online since Oct 14 regarding this and have just been told tonight on Live Chat that I am not eligible for the cashback,  yet in Nov 14  i was told i would receive my cheque in 60 days.  This is not correct as one of the reasons I signed up to PlusNet was the incentive of £50 cashback.  I am not happy at all and feel it was a scam to gain customers.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi gillharper11
I hope this gets sorted out.
Does your confirmation email have any mention of £50 cash back or do you have any other proof you took a that package?
If you do then you can raise a issue with Trading Standards and see if they can do anything. Because this would be fraud and a scam
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
galacticz00
Dabbler

Don't let PN get away with this report them to OFCOM. Ofcom doesn’t investigate individual complaints. However, it does monitor the levels of complaints against companies as a way of checking whether they are acting fairly towards customers. You can tell Ofcom about your complaint by completing its online complaint form or by telephoning the enquiry line. If one particular company seems to be causing concern for consumers, they may consider investigating them. Do it now.
galacticz00
Dabbler

gillharper11

Thank you for your replies.  I have to contact PN help line again and left questions for them online and no reply.  Im so angry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I'm sorry to inform you of this but the offer you signed up to didn't have any cashback, at the time you signed up the only cashback offers we had were through Quidco and Topcashback, there wasn't one active through our website.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jess1808
Dabbler

Hi Chris, I'm not sure if you were replying to me or Gill there but there was 100% an offer of £50 cashback when I joined, and was also told it would be automatic in 60 days, is there any reason after clicking on the offer you could not be entitled, ie by choosing the line rental saver?
dick:quote
jess1808
Dabbler

Quote from: gillharper11
Thank you for your replies.  I have to contact PN help line again and left questions for them online and no reply.  Im so angry

It seems the exact same has happened to me, I've rang them up as they seem much nicer on the phone and they've refered the question onto the promotions team, I contacted OFCOM and lodged a complaint, they replied saying this...
"Although we cannot get involved in individual complaints, we may extend our regulations if we identify evidence of widespread mis-selling in other areas of the market. I can confirm that details of your experience with Plusnet have been formally recorded here.
I see that you will be making a complaint to Plusnet and that is the best way forward. If you remain unhappy, you should ask Plusnet to take your complaint to a higher level within the company. Advise Plusnet it should be dealt with in line with the procedure in their customer complaints code: www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml.
If you exhaust the complaints procedure, you should ask Plusnet to send you a letter outlining their final position. This is known as a ‘deadlock’ letter. Once you have received a ‘deadlock’ letter, you will be able to take your dispute to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme. You can also take your dispute to an ADR scheme if it remains unresolved eight weeks after you first complained.
An ADR scheme is a free and independent service which can award costs to a consumer. A provider must abide by the decision of the ADR scheme. However, you are not bound by this decision and can consider legal action if dissatisfied with their decision.
Plusnet is a member of the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) for the purpose of ADR. They can be contacted at:
CISAS
International Dispute Resolution Centre
70 Fleet Street
London
EC4Y 1EU

Phone: 020 7520 3814

Finally, you may like to contact the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) if you feel that Plusnet’s website advertising the cashback offer is misleading. The ASA is the regulator for the advertising industry. If the ASA upholds your complaint, they have the power to order an advert to be changed or indeed withdrawn altogether. They can be contacted at:
ASA
Mid City Place
71 High Holborn
London
WC1V 6QT

Phone: 020 7492 2222

hope this helps, and I will let you know how mine goes!
ukchris
Dabbler

I'm another person affected by this. Signed up at the start of December as I saw the promotion for £75 cash back. I realised recently the cheque hadn't arrived so rang them to find out. Had a chat with a nice guy called Joe but he's just emailed me to say "The Marketing team have confirmed that the promotion code used on signup was not an E-Voucher promo code."
No idea what that means, since when I signed up I was in a live chat window with a Plusnet agent who said I would receive the cheque and did not mention any promo code.
This isn't right and I intend to do what's necessary to get it sorted.
jess1808
Dabbler

I'm still going round in circles but I think I'm getting close! Everything takes ages as they won't speak about this on the phone and always take a minimum of 5 days to reply and then normally reply with an inadequate answer just saying the offer didn't exist or your not entitled but with no reason or a question you already had given them the answer to.
Three different advisors told me there was no such offer on when I joined, after getting proof of the offer from money supermarket (the offer was from plusnet but money supermarket advertised it and keep records of old offers- unlike plusnet apparently), I got a reply saying because I signed up over the phone I wasn't entitled...... I signed up online!! like I said in every post and surely they can check that!! Now another 5 day wait for his reply....
dick:quote