cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my £50 cashback cheque?

ukchris
Dabbler

Re: Where is my £50 cashback cheque?

Part of my job is working in social media and if this isn't resolved swiftly I will create an account to raise awareness. I'll post the handle here so you can all follow it.
I'll give them 48 hours to say the cheque's on the way.
el23

Hi, I posted to this forum on 24 December about my missing £50 cash back and no one got back to me and my cheque still hasn't arrived! Will I ever receive it??  Angry
jess1808
Dabbler

After going round in circles for 5 months with plusnet telling me I definitely am not entitled to it, I contacted money supermarket as it was advertised through them, they asked for my details and sorted it with plusnet on my behalf and within a few days told me the full £50 would be in my bank in 10 days! I suggest any else do the same and contact money supermarket customer, you'll never get anywhere with plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you ordered via Money Supermarket you should have contacted them not Plusnet in the first place. In this instance I don't believe Plusnet are at fault.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jess1808
Dabbler

It was advertised on the money supermarket website (where all broadband offers are, and they keep a record of these unlike plusnet seem to) the actual offer was by plusnet, money supermarket themselves do not offer deals
acejay24

done me proud      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx done me more like promised cash back several times to no avail
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@el23 - You signed up with us in August. I don't think we had a cashback offer on at the time so I've not been able to locate any evidence of any deal. Was it done through a third party at all?
@acejay24 - I have just sent a chaser off for you now.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
izzieobrien
Dabbler

I have not had an email about my £35 cashback either. How do I get someone to sort this out for me?
el23

I signed up at the end of August through Uswitch and I can remember it was advertised with a £50 cash back.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@el23
Unfortunately the offer code on your account is not a cashback one. It may be that uSwitch had more than one offer on at the time and the one you've signed up to was the no cashback one with a different discount.
@izzieobrien
I'm having a look now for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jess1808
Dabbler

@el23 I was in the exact same position as you after buying it at the same time, with plusnet denying all knowledge of the offer, I saw it advertised through money supermarket so I emailed them asking for the offer details to prove to plusnet and they offered to sort it out with plusnet on my behalf and I received my cashback check last week! I advise you contact money supermarket customer service even if you didnt see it on their site (or u switch may do the same)
Good luck!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@jess1808 & @ el23,
Various switching sites run / have ran their own cash back schemes, I imagine paid for out of "finder's rewards".  Is it possible that it was actually a promo from the third party site?  Checking with them in the first place is an appropriate start point.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

izzieobrien
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
@el23
Unfortunately the offer code on your account is not a cashback one. It may be that uSwitch had more than one offer on at the time and the one you've signed up to was the no cashback one with a different discount.
@izzieobrien
I'm having a look now for you.

Hi, did you find out for me?
nicolamcmanus

i am wanting to make a complaint I have being on the phone twice and also sent a email regarding my 50 pound cash back I was told i should have got emaIL to click on the link but i have block myself out forgot my password. i give you a new email address to re send email but it never arrived a week later i phoned to get told its a different department  she had emailed them and she would get back in touch but 48 hours later still no response i have emailed advisor but again nothing back i have now got my 1st bill and payment as already came off my bank
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: izzieobrien

Hi, did you find out for me?

Hey Izzie,
Sorry about the delay in replying. I'm unsure as to why you've not had an update as of yet and will get this chased with marketing tomorrow.
Thank you for your patience. I know this is frustrating and can assure you we will be in touch shortly.
Have a nice evening!
Alex
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team