cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my £50 cashback cheque?

Veri
Dabbler

Re: Where is my £50 cashback cheque?

Deposited today, thanks. Hope others find a positive resolution soon.
puzzledoff
Grafter

There's obviously a pattern here - I'm trying to prise my £75 Amazon Voucher out of Plusnet, along with the promised Topcashback.  I switched from TalkTalk hearing an awful lot about the standards of customer service at Plusnet, but if it won't simply pay its debts to customers, how can anyone continue to recommend it?
Which? gave Plusnet a good write-up recently.  Not so sure they'll repeat that when members like me report back to Which? on Plusnet's consistent failure to pay out on its new customer promises.  Just the sort of thing Which? likes to campaign on!
puzzledoff
Grafter

Plusnet still owes me a £75 Amazon voucher and won't pay up.  Just delay after delay after delay - and no responses.  Resorting to posting warnings not to trust Plusnet on various consumer websites now.

- CSC Analyst
5:12pm, Monday 20 Apr 2015
Chat reference: 4301941343
Description: cashback
Kind regards,
- CSC Analyst
5:25pm, Monday 20 Apr 2015
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 22nd April at 7:00am.
Kind regards,

Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:07am, Wednesday 22 Apr 2015
Question [ 102791215 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
- CSC Analyst
11:17am, Thursday 23 Apr 2015

[INTERNAL]
waiting for marketing response
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 30th April at 7:00am.
Kind regards,

Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:05am, Thursday 30 Apr 2015
Question [ 102791215 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
- CSC Analyst
2:57pm, Friday 1 May 2015
Dear
[INTERNAL]
No update from marketing
This Question is now on hold until Friday 8th May at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
TooManyPies
Grafter

Right Plusnet, your 60 days are up. Where's my cheque for £50?  Ticket no. 100192158
"We’re pleased to tell you that your £50 cash back offer is now in progress.
Your cash back cheque will be sent directly to the address you have provided, please allow up to 60 days to receive this.
We really hope you enjoy using your Broadband and Home Phone and that you enjoy your cash back on us."
jeanbarnes1

Have been with PlusNet for over 3 months now, and still no £50 cutback.. What's going on?Huh
edgeways
Grafter

Still no promised £ 50 cash back after 60 days !
The website states that existing customers signing up for longer contact deals will automatically receive their cash back cheques without further action by the customer.
Below is a copy of an email  received from Plus net. on 3rd march 15
Our Support Team have opened Question 100239983 to track an issue on your account
We are pleased to tell you that your £50 cash back offer is now in progress.
Your cash back cheque will be sent directly to the address you have provided, please allow up to 60 days to receive this.
We really hope you enjoy using your Broadband and Home Phone and that you enjoy your cash back on us.
Kind regards,
Neil Tudor.

Can anyone offer advice on what to do next ?
Thanks Mike (edgeways )

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online
Once you start down that route Plusnet usually sort it out pretty quickly.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
edgeways
Grafter

Finally got through on phone to support. disappointing result.
They say "awaiting authorization, phone again in another week ".
That will be approaching 70 days.
Does not do much to engender confidence in Plus net's advertised marketing promises nor image.
Mike (edgeways.)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

All of the cash back/voucher issues are being referred to Marketing to sort out. Staff in Marketing are highly likely to be paid bonuses on the numbers of new users they bring in. So which do you think will be their higher priority, sorting out the payments/vouchers for the customers they've already signed up or chasing more new customers?
The only way you are going to move this forward in a timely manner is by getting stroppy with them. Give them notice via the ticket that unless you RECEIVE the payment within two weeks you will be going to the small claims court.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I wonder when PN say passed to " marketing " the really mean " 3rd party"  ( would assume same go's for vouchers )
Quote from: catelliott
There have been a few bugs with getting the cashback out, as it's a third-party company who have been dealing with the distribution of the cheques. My apologies to anyone affected by this, I appreciate that it's frustrating, but hopefully we've ironed most of the kinks out.

That brings a question to mind, if customers details are been passed to a 3rd party? surely PN need the customer to agree for their details to be passed on?
I can not see any reference in the terms and condition's , referring to details been passed on to a third party, for the above purpose
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Barb67

Signed up in January
Still no £50 cashback after 5 months
Plusnet have broken terms and conditions
Where is my cashback?
80 year old lady!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Barb67,
I've just replied to your ticket and the other post you've made: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137804.new.html#new
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: I

That brings a question to mind, if customers details are been passed to a 3rd party? surely PN need the customer to agree for their details to be passed on?

Morning Mike
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
I've spoken to both the Marketing Department and the Legal team regarding the third party we use. They have confirmed that it is in the terms and conditions that third parties may be used into order to provide you with a service or for a service to be provided to Plusnet. I've attached the extract below.
7. Who do we share your personal information with?
We sometimes use other companies to provide some of our services or to provide services to us. So that they can do this, we may need to let them process your personal information. When we do so, these companies must keep the information secure in accordance with our instructions, and must comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.

As cashback is a customer reward, not a service, we use the third party company in order to process the cheques/vouchers etc. I hope this provides some clarity on the matter and puts your mind at ease. Please let me know if you have any further concerns regarding this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
edgeways
Grafter

Re "still no cash back" and my previous post, quoted below.
« 06/05/2015, 12:31 »

"Finally got through on phone to support. disappointing result.
They say "awaiting authorization, phone again in another week ".
That will be approaching 70 days."

Still no cash back  1 week after above reply, so phoned again as support asked. This time they simply confirm what I already know ie that I am entitled to the £ 50  and that it has not been sent .! Yet again I am informed that the issue is being raised with Marketing and that I will hear from them by email in 10 days !!  From other posts on the forum it seems that I am just one of many customers who have been misled over the cash back promise. What on earth is happening at PlusNet ? This is making a mockery of their marketing, advertising campaign and image
Mike (edgeways)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: alexdevine
As cashback is a customer reward, not a service, we use the third party company in order to process the cheques/vouchers etc. I hope this provides some clarity on the matter and puts your mind at ease. Please let me know if you have any further concerns regarding this.

Alex,
In which case the purpose for which such information has been shared with a 3rd party "provision of a reward" is outside of the scope of T&C 7 which explains circumstances within which PlusNet has stated it will disclose personal information - provision of service.  I therefore suggest that disclosing said information for the purpose of facilitating the cash back reward is NOT WTIHIN the published T&Cs... but I'm no legal expert.
One wonders what the ICO would make of your statement?
For me this is yet another indicator of the complete shambles which surrounds the cash-back programme.  When will it be fixed?  When will PlusNet stop disclosing its customer's details to third parties full stop?  Much of what has been "pushed out of house" can and ought to be done "in-house".
Regards,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.