cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my £50 cashback cheque?

Wilmett

Where is my £50 cashback cheque?

I joined Plusnet a few months ago via phone and the sales person said I would get a £50 cashback if I joined as I was with another provider before. I was promised a cheque would be mailed after my first successful monthly payment, and now it has been a few months but I have yet to received this cheque.  I checked online when the order is made to make sure that this offer was real and was a done deal. It was clearly stated on the website and on the fine print at the terms and condition that I would get this cashback. I am really angry that I still haven't received this cheque and would like some answers.
jim:red All caps in title changed as per Forum Rule mod:end
107 REPLIES 107
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Where is my £50 cashback cheque?

Hi there,
From what you've described it sounds like a step in claiming the cashback may have been missed.
I can see from checking your account that you've called in today and we've re-sent the email with the appropriate link for you to follow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
duo

I also never received my £50 cashback. I have been with Plusnet since the end of September and never received any email. Angry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi duo,
I've just escalated your request internally to chase up your cashback, you should get it within 30 days although the offer you signed up to was £25 cashback rather than £50.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Wilmett

Thank you for your responses, sorry I made an error on my previous post I joined online and phone in to enquire about the cashback offer at the time.
Wilmett

I would like to make an official complaint.  Angry

Dear Paul Summers,
I am writing in regards to the customer service survey and my personal experience with the Plusnet customer support team.
I first joined Plusnet a few months ago through the internet when there was a promotion. I called in to ask about the promotion (which was a 50 quid cashback) and was told it was indeed true. Also it was written in the terms and conditions when I first joined.
After I joined I waited 2 months for this cheque to come but it never showed up so decided to call in to enquire about my cashback.
The first lady said I was suppose to get an email with a link but I informed her I never did get this email to my account so she checked and confirm it was never sent. She said she will sent it immediately.
I waited and this email never showed up, so I called in to see if it was sent or if there was an error with my email account in general as I was not getting it. The second person I spoken to told me the lady whom I have first called up have come off work and he checked to see if this email have been sent out. He told me the first email that I was suppose to get was never sent and the lady have written to the department to have the email resent and he will write her a note so she can follow it up and he will also keep an eye on it and I was expect a response from her within the next few days.
To my surprise I never got this response from her.
I call in midweek as I was not getting a response via phone or email regarding my awaited cashback, he told me he will contact the department which would deal with this and I was to wait the next few days for an update.
I called in over the weekend and was frustrated with being pass around like a ball from person to person and with neither a link or a callback from the Plusnet customer support team. From that call I was promised that I would get a phone call yesterday from the department but yet never did.
So here I am over a week later still no link or response to whether I will get this cashback which was one of my main reason for trying Plusnet.
To be honest I really do not mind this cashback anymore, but I just want some honesty and am very angry with the misleading advertisement which was the promised £50 cashback. I am very angry that I did not get any clear answers or real actions while dealing with the customer service team compare to  my other service providers such as Vodafone for my dongle and Sky for my TV.
I am hopeful that this email will get to you so some changes will be made.
Thank you for your time,
Regards
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi,
Just reading this topic, I joined PN fibre a month or so ago and I've yet to receive my £50 voucher as well.
I hope it get's in time for Christmas.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
legalfreak
Dabbler

Me too. Took out new contract last month on the basis of the £75 cheque.Clicked on the email link on November 10th, a few days after my service 'went live'. Hoping it's only an issue with Royal Mail.
Would be interesting to know how many people actually ARE receiving their cheques and the time frame. As far as I am concerned, 'within 30 days' means just that.
I was told by the salesman who signed me up that the cheque would 'come in time for Christmas '.
Legalfreak
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi guys
@Wilmett We're chasing this internally for you and as soon as we know more we'll be in touch
@NorthEasterner Did you receive the e-mail to claim your cashback?
@legalfreak If you don't have the cheque in the next couple of days please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi Matthew,
Yes I received the cashback email and clicked on the link.
It then said on the webpage, your cheque will be with you within 30 days, as previously mentioned.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
jmatt81

Hi
I'm curious about my £75 cheque too. E-mail was received on 18 November. I know the 30 days is not up until next week but am hopeful that I receive it in time for it to clear before Xmas. Would like to use it to buy a few extra treats.
legalfreak
Dabbler

Hi Matthew,
No cheque yet.
As you have suggested I'm raising it as a ticket/query.
Thanks
LF
legalfreak
Dabbler

Matthew,
I've not received the £75 cheque yet and today is 36 days from the service going live, 33 days from clicking your email.
Have you sent the cheque out or is it a problem with Royal Mail i.e. connected to Xmas or not.
Either way, why does 'within 30 days from the service going live' cause so many issues?
I notified CS and received what appears to be a generic reply.
Thanks.
Legal Freak.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

HI again,
Sorry for the problems you've had receiving this cheque, I can see you spoke to one of my colleagues yesterday and they've been escalated your query to the right team to investigate what's going on. You should hear back from them in the next few days.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
legalfreak
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Plusnet need to get their act together about my missing £75 cheque because I am being given the run-around.
As you say in your response below, you can see that I spoke to one of your colleagues on Sunday and that they had escalated my query.
This morning I received a message from your colleague claiming no record of my conversation with CS and again asking for the very same information I had given your colleague on Sunday. I have now responded to his email with a repetition of the information.
I'm utterly dismayed by this inconsistency.
I would like Plusnet to now credit my account with the £75.
Thanks,
Legalfreak