cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is it hidden?

gordonb27
Dabbler

Where is it hidden?

Length of contract still to expire or simpler still start and end dates.

Where within my Member Centre is it hidden and why?

I don't want to make a phone call or raise a ticket, the information I want should be within my account details.

Maybe it is and I just can't see it.

12 REPLIES 12
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Where is it hidden?

There is no clear indication in the members center the start or end date of contracts.

It has been asked for a few times , but as most things with PN , never or take an age to happen,

If you are cynical , its in PN interest not to show it , as most people that finish their ( reduced rate) contract , and not notice will then be paying full price. 

The account summary , will give you date you signed up , or took hardware , not ideal, but gives you an idea.
https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Start and end dates - look at closed tickets on your account at the approx time you signed up https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html

Slightly quicker way - look here https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary and it should give the start date and the cancellation cost and if it is zero it has finished

gofaster
Rising Star

@Oldjim wrote:

look at closed tickets on your account at the approx time you signed up

That's when you discover the joy of 18 month contracts and ticket history that only goes back a year - sigh.

So you need to check out the cancellation cost, then find out what the per month cancellation is for your account type, then find out whether the phone cancellation is included or not and divide the reported cancellation cost by the total monthly cancellation cost. If it results in a whole number then you will be lucky and the figure is approximately the number of months left in your contract.

Or just wait until you get a higher than expected bill ...

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Last spring I thought I might be approaching the end of a 12 month contract which was entered into as a condition of getting a £5 discount - but how to find out when it expired?

I ended up going back through previous bills until I found the first discounted one.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Last December I rolled over my 12 month line rental saver and I was offered 18 months of adsl broadband for free.

Now that my line rental is about to expire what happens to the broadband part, which I think expires in April or May, if I decide to move my phone to another provider?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

it almost certainly goes up to full price plus £2.50 for not having the phone with Plusnet as the deal you took is conditional in having phone as well

mexicano
Rising Star

oldjim,

You are right. I finally got through to CS and they told me that if I decide to move just the phone, which expires in January, I can carry on with the BB part until May as per the contract. But if I move both in January then it will cost me around £42.00 to pay off the BB side.

Most providers now offer both as a package so it looks like I am stuck FOREVER with PN, unless I bite the bullet and pay the exit costs!

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @mexicano,

Yeah I have checked this for you and can see the Line rental saver ends on the 13/01/2017. From looking into this further for you, you can renew your package with a new deal on your broadband and pay your line rental saver on the 03/02/2017.

mexicano
Rising Star

Hi BenB,

Thanks for replying but there are three things I need to understand:

1. My LRS expires on 13 January, so I don't renew it then, and just pay monthly until February?

2. I can renew my BB in February, 3 months before the BB matures, free of charges?

3. At the moment my LRS includes evening and weekend calls; if I don't renew until February, will I still get the same package?

Thanks again.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @mexicano,

Thanks for getting back to me with your questions. I'll try to answer them as you have typed them out.

1, That's correct it expires on the 13/01/2017 and then you would pay normal line rental.

2. From the 03/02/2017 you can renew your package with a new deal and contract as you are in the last 3 months of your current contract and it doesn't cost to renew.

3. If you renew your LRS when you renew your package so they run side by side you will still get the evening & weekend calls included as long as you do not change your phone package.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hahaha Cheers @Gel I've got that corrected now Thumbs_Up