cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is My Refund ? Why is Plusnet Taking So Long ?

FIXED
WhereIsMyMoney
Fixes: 1

Where is My Refund ? Why is Plusnet Taking So Long ?

PlusNet's Help Guide says  "Please note, refunds can take up to 10 working days to arrive into your account. If you haven't recieved your refund within 10 working days, please contact us."

Well it has been a month since PlusNet emailed to say they have arranged for my initial fee to be refunded.

The only reason for deciding to cancel my application to switch over to PlusNet was due to the dreadful reviews about PlusNet's poor customer service - including the lengthy delays in issuing refunds !

One year's subscription was paid in advance - and there should be absolutely no reason why, on cancellation, these monies are not refunded within a few days.

I look forward to receiving my refund without any further delay.

9 REPLIES 9
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Re: Where is My Refund ? Why is Plusnet Taking So Long ?

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've still not received your refund.

I have raised this to the relevant team to investigate further. You can view this here

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

WhereIsMyMoney

Another week and still no news or explanation of why Plusnet are taking so long to issue my refund ! 

It's no wonder Plusnet have got such poor reviews !

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @WhereIsMyMoney

Thanks for getting in touch and I am so sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your refund.

I have responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

- Warwick

WhereIsMyMoney

Fix

It took 41 days for my refund to come through.  But I'm pleased, after chasing this up, I did finally receive a cheque in the post to return my initial payment.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for letting us know and for your patience whilst this as been dealt with and I'm sorry that took a long while to get resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
potwin

In June 2018, I asked for a refund for pre-paid line saver, which I cancelled as Plusnet increased their prices.

On chat, I was (falsely) informed that no refund could be made. Even after I had cancelled, I was charged a monthly subscription fee. 

It was only following posting on this forum, someone got in touch with me to tell me that it was all sorted. Breathe easily. Get on with my life, and a cheaper supplier.

I assumed it had been fixed - though having checked my bank account with a fine toothcomb, no refund has been made.

I've got no truck for phone calls to call centres where details are not correctly recorded, or with webchat, since I have been wrongly advised in the past.

I would like someone with a named email address to get in touch with me to explain why this has gone wrong and when I shall be repaid. Is Plusnet incompetent, or attempting to defraud me? I think after 9 months, I have a right to a response and appropriate compensation: as well as direction to take this complaint further.

For the sake of a couple of pounds over the cost of my contract, Plusnet have ensured that I will never use their services, nor would I advise others so to do. 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @potwin,

I am truly sorry to hear this has been your experience with the closure and billing of your account. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

While I cannot provide my email address, I have checked over your account and I have created a ticket and escalated it to the correct team with this request. The response time is 5 working days, although it could be sooner.

Thank you.

Anon
Pro

Register a formal complaint, look for a deadlock and then go to Ombudsman Services.

@potwin wrote:

In June 2018, I asked for a refund for pre-paid line saver, which I cancelled as Plusnet increased their prices.

On chat, I was (falsely) informed that no refund could be made. Even after I had cancelled, I was charged a monthly subscription fee. 

It was only following posting on this forum, someone got in touch with me to tell me that it was all sorted. Breathe easily. Get on with my life, and a cheaper supplier.

I assumed it had been fixed - though having checked my bank account with a fine toothcomb, no refund has been made.

I've got no truck for phone calls to call centres where details are not correctly recorded, or with webchat, since I have been wrongly advised in the past.

I would like someone with a named email address to get in touch with me to explain why this has gone wrong and when I shall be repaid. Is Plusnet incompetent, or attempting to defraud me? I think after 9 months, I have a right to a response and appropriate compensation: as well as direction to take this complaint further.

For the sake of a couple of pounds over the cost of my contract, Plusnet have ensured that I will never use their services, nor would I advise others so to do. 

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi  @potwin 

I'm really sorry to see you've not received your refund yet for unused portion of line rental saver as you've cancelled due to the price refresh last year. I've worked out the amount and I've added a reply to the ticket my colleague had created.

Due to the length of time you've waited, I've also requested this to be picked up at a priority by our billing team to send out a cheque as soon as we possibly can.

Having said that I note you're expecting compensation so I'd like to call you back before we issue the cheque to discuss a gesture of goodwill. That way whatever we agree upon we can add it to the amount we owe you.

I'd normally try and call straight away, but as it's not even 8am I thought I'd ask first for the best time for a call?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet