cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in 'My Account' can I check my contract?

SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Where in 'My Account' can I check my contract?

I want to know if it's expired or not.  I spent a while searching but had to give up - I lost the will to live....  

14 REPLIES 14
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Where in 'My Account' can I check my contract?

Simple answer; PN choose not to show! You need to contact.
Best to keep a copy of your PN e mail messages when you join up.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@SkylineUK_Dup  Do you not see something like the below when you log into your account home page?

Contr.PNG

John
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

A while back I allowed myself to be persuaded into an 18 month contract but have no idea how long ago that was.  I'm movinf the Cornwall and I don't want them screwing me over for some kind of termination fee, hence I wanted to check.  I tried the site 'Chat' facility but it won't work.....  Roll_eyes

SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

jab1, yes, but mine says "Unlimited Fibre Extra" with nothing afterwards in brackets.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just added a query to account to confirm the status of your contract: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=191555817

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Thanks.  So, out of contract.  I'm surprised no one's phoned to offer me a deal of a lifetime!

Seriously, how can I check if my new house (in Cornwall) has Plusnet FTP?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Me too TBH Smiley I can arrange a call if you want?

Assuming you mean FTTP? we've trialled it in the past but it's not something we offer. You can check to see what VDSL/ADSL services are available through us here though: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

I can't fill any of those fields in as I don't know, e.g. the house's present phone number.  Isn't there a way to find out via post code?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Whilst you can use the postcode only we wouldn't recommend it as the estimates can be incorrect depending on how large an area the postcode in question covers.

If you don't have the number we'd recommend doing a full address check with the postcode and house number

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

This is what it shows for the address.  I'm not sure what it tells me except that BT is available?  Does that automatically mean PlusNet is available?

BBand_Avail.png

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @SkylineUK_Dup, the estimates are based on providers that use the BT infrastructure.

As it does show that FTTP is available, it may be worth exploring this with other providers that offer the service, as @adamwalker mentioned I'm afraid we don't offer FTTP therefore the only package available from ourselves to that address would be the ADSL2+ with estimates of 1 - 3.5mb.

Hope this helps.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Thanks Lauren.  Is that comparable speed-wise with what I have here in my old house?  I'd rather stay with Plusnet because changing my email address would be a bit of a pain to say the least.  As a 2-person household we don't need super fast streaming; the speed we have here is perfectly adequate. 

Edit: speed test just now shows 58 Mbps download and 17 Mbps upload.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @SkylineUK_Dup, thanks for getting back to us. As seen by your speed test I'm afraid the 1-3.5Mbps ADSL connection that would be available at your future property is nothing in comparison to the 58Mbps download you're currently getting on fibre. By all means you could look to download to ADSL during the house move however having been on a 3Mbps download connection before I can confirm it does limit your ability to do things online like watching streams in HD, streaming at all whilst someone else is online/browsing and so on... My main concern however is that the estimates for you are 1-3.5 Mbps meaning once all set-up the sync speed could be 1.1Mbps download which would really limit your internet access.
I'd advise either way, once you know the dates and arrangement of your upcoming house move to give our customer options a team on: 0800 013 2632 as they would be able to arrange a downgrade to ADSL at the new property if you so chose and if not they could look into setting the account up as just mail meaning your @plus.net email would remain active.
I hope this advice helps and hope you're house move all goes smoothly.