cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my FTTC actually activate? Getting annoyed now

KrisWragg
Dabbler

When will my FTTC actually activate? Getting annoyed now

So I recently moved houses on 16th I called up in advance and was told that my phone and FTTC couldn't be activated until 23rd because I had to wait a week from when the previous people moved out which was a bit annoying given the new house already had Plusnet phone and FTTC so nothing needed doing engineer wise.
Now I have been told that my internet will not be active until 30th and that I will need to be in for an engineer even though the property already had FTTC. Also we are away with family on that date so now I have no idea when / if we will get FTTC activated.
I tried calling and got fed up of waiting after about 30 minutes, also there seems to be about an 8 day delay between answers on any tickets raised. Hopefully someone might read this though?
I really have no idea what is so hard about switching on the phone and broadband to a property that was already with Plusnet in the first place. I'm just glad that I'm not on support over Christmas as it's looking like I'll have no internet to have connected in to work and check my emails anyway.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: When will my FTTC actually activate? Getting annoyed now

Hi there,
I'm really sorry if you were told that both services would go live on the 23rd that isn't correct I'm afraid. The phone service is due to go live on the 23rd and currently broadband on the 30th.
As we've explained on ticket 78311415 the engineer would need to access the property to ensure the fibre service is up and running.
As you've indicated you won't be available on the 30th can you please let us know when you can be so we can get a new appointment arranged for you please?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KrisWragg
Dabbler

Re: When will my FTTC actually activate? Getting annoyed now

After a very long wait on the phone last night we eventually spoke to someone and apparently the real problem is that BT OpenReach did a survey on our line and said that an engineer is required because the house doesn't have an active line. An appointment has been made for 9th January.
I'm still puzzled how on the 15th December the old occupants can have a working line with FTTC with Plusnet, on the 16th PlusNet disconnect their service and now there is no active line and we have to wait nearly a month to have the exact same service at the same address. I understand that you have to go through OpenReach but surely it's not difficult to see that there is no issues with this address as you were providing the exact same service to it only a day before we moved in.
Also I'm not happy that our phone line goes active on the 23rd December but no internet until 9th January, the only reason we pay for line rental is because it is necessary for FTTC so we are paying for this for no reason, albeit we already paid upfront for the line saver.
We had this exact same issue when we switched from BT Infinity to Plusnet FTTC back in September, and then after waiting in all day for an engineer he never showed as it wasn't necessary. If I book the 9th January off work and an engineer doesn't show up I am going to be a very disgruntled customer.