cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I start an order?

Nyxanna
Grafter

When can I start an order?

My contract apparently ends on 23 November.
If I change service too early I would get charged cancellation fees.
Now my question is, can I complete an order with another company before this date as long they do not disconnect Plusnet before 23 November?
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: When can I start an order?

Sorry that you want to leave, is there anything we can do to keep you as a customer?
The question you're asking would be best directed at your new ISP as they can request the date the order completes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Nyxanna
Grafter

I would have preferred to stay with Plusnet but I was told on the phone that Plusnet is not able to downgrade my fibre to normal broadband and I definitely can not keep the fibre.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

So we said that we couldn't regrade you back to ADSL and keep you as a customer?
If this is the case, then it's incorrect so I will feed this back.
If you're happy to stay with us for ADSL and recontract, then feel free to let me know at your convenience Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Nyxanna
Grafter

I am definitely happy to stay with Plusnet if you can confirm the following.

• I can get the offer of 'Unlimited Broadband & calls' which would cost £1.50 for the first 12 months and £9.99 afterwards.
  • I can keep my current Plusnet router 'Technicolor TG582n and avoid the £5.99 P&P charge.

• I can receive £70 cashback as advertised.

• I can pay £155.88 for the Line Rental Saver for the first year.

There should be no additional costs and I should be able to start paying paying only the broadband fee of £1.50 and the one-off cost of £155.88 whenever you complete the order.
Hopefully I understood everything correctly. If you can confirm this then I would love to stay with Plusnet.
Nyxanna
Grafter

Please ignore the above post as I have changed my mind.
I decided to keep the fibre as long I can switch to the Unlimited Fibre Broadband and calls package. This includes the first 6 months being free and £14.99 for the remaining 12 months. I plan on paying for the Line Rental Saver.
I also understand that this would start a new 18 month contract.
I will call Plusnet again tomorrow and see if I can get this offer.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I plan on paying for the Line Rental Saver.
Be careful, taking LRS removes the free E & W call package.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.