cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I leave plusnet?

fockewulf
Grafter

When can I leave plusnet?

Can anyone tell me what is the earliest date I can initiate a move to another ISP, penalty free.
My account information is showing 2 dates for completed/activated, 20/11/2014 for product, unlimited & line only and 19/12/2014 for product, Unlimited Broadband.
I also made the one-off payment for 12 months line rental but can't find any dates for that.
9 REPLIES 9
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: When can I leave plusnet?

I've checked your account and both your contract and line rental saver are due to expire on 18/12/15.
Do you mind me asking why you're thinking of moving to another ISP?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
fockewulf
Grafter

Thanks for that. So would it be reasonably safe to start a move at the beginning of December?
Reasons for move:
When the contract ends our monthly charge will go up considerably.
I am also quite disappointed with the much touted plusnet customer service, our previous ISP, Talktalk's customer service was abysmal but at least someone answered the phone when you called. Plusnets claims regarding it were the main reason we moved but I find it almost impossible to contact anyone with questions, I don't think I have ever managed to get through to anyone on the phone, the online chat thing is always off-line, I was looking for somewhere to get info earlier and there was a bit at the top of a web page saying "it's quicker to speak to our Plusnet Chat team - just click the banner on the left hand side of this page." there was nothing much on the left of the page, just a bit about community forums, and on top of all this there does not seem to be any means of contacting plusnet by email or messaging now.
I even tried to enquire about upgrading our service to fiber a while ago but it seemed that it was too much trouble for anyone to bother with that either.
Phone calls are also rather expensive, it is cheaper to use mobile phones than the land line, and there is a charge for services like caller display, which most other companies seem to 'throw-in'.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you were to start the migration at the beginning of December, I would make sure the new provider is aware to place order for the 18th.
Although I do appreciate the call queues have been quite lengthy recently, I can assure you they do seem to be improving on average (The current call queues for customer services, tech support and customer options are all currently at 0).
In regards to the online chat problem you seem to have been experiencing, I believe this could possibly be caused by a web browser plug-in, as I have heard a couple of people have noticed things like Ad-Block seem to prevent them getting on to the chats. It's very rare that it's been out of service during office hours.
I completely appreciate your decision either way, however if there's any chance you'd want to consider staying with us, it would definitely be worth discussing costs on a new contract with our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 closer to the time.
Either way I wish you all the best moving forward.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
fockewulf
Grafter

Thanks for the further info.
I'm afraid I'm not terribly patient, about 5 mins is my limit and I tried phoning twice earlier but didn't get anywhere.
We do use 'Ad Muncher' but it always leaves text saying 'munched' when it has blocked something and I can see the web chat box on some pages but it always seems to say offline.
Will see if there are any interesting offers in a few weeks.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

On the chat side of things, is the button greyed out when it says this?
Quote from: w23
Yes, button greyed out (in Google Chrome), tried IE and it's now green so I have some kind of problem with Chrome....
Checked my extensions in Chrome (I don't use many) and found the 'culprit': Avast Online Security!
What doesn't Avast like?  I'd rather not disable Avast but at least I've found out why I couldn't access chat.

Would you mind trying it on another web browser that has no plug-ins to see if there's any difference?
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
fockewulf
Grafter

I can't remember exactly, I just recall that it always said 'off line' and can't find it anywhere now.
I have been using Slimjet browser recently and just looked at https://portal.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/, https://portal.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/ and https://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html?home=membercentretop and can't see a 'chat' box anywhere so also tried all the same in IE11 and Edge but still not seeing anything like that, I definitely saw one somewhere this morning when I was looking through similar pages but can't find it now. Also tried closing ad muncher but no difference.
fockewulf
Grafter

Update, I was just going to close the 'member centre' page I was viewing in Slimjet and a red-bordered pop-up box appeared briefly saying something about chat or whatever but I couldn't find any way to get it back.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you want to directly access Chat I suggest following this link https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/ and click on Contact Customer Services then any topic followed by My Question isn't listed
fockewulf
Grafter

Thanks but I don't particularly want to use chat I was just responding to a previous post.
After clicking on a lot of the links under 'contact customer services' I found a 'chat to us online' bit but the 'start chat' button is grey and inactive. Also tried it in IE11 and same result.