cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the cooling off period for plusnet fibre

Newtofibre1
Hooked

Whats the cooling off period for plusnet fibre

Just joined and instantly have a copyright warning,so wanting to know the cooling off period for cancelling the service ?

She thought she was on an official site and yet this warning says it isnt,

Cant blame her.the site looks legit but this is my main concern with the internet.

so if theres another event i want to cancel this service,will be cheaper than a law suit that might come.

oh and a quick fyi to any plusnet staff...BT is screwing you

i got 6meg on BT,but with the same everything i only get 4 meg,and thats with less people around me using plusnet than when i was with BT

12 REPLIES 12
teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Whats the cooling off period for plusnet fibre

Your post is very unclear (who is 'she' ?) but if you are wondering if this site is PlusNet's : It is a customer forum and not a contact for company complaints etc .

Newtofibre1
Hooked

Actually it is very clear.

its not a complaint,please dont misquote me

and i dont know why you are asking who "she" is ?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The cooling off period is 14 days starting from the day after you placed the order so you will almost certainly be past that.
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Did the warning come from Plusnet?...or the site visited?

Which site was it?

What's the file that caused the copyright warning?

Reasons for asking is that you haven't made it very clear. If it's a copyright warning then it will have come from the site visited unless that site got in touch with Plusnet about copyright infringement. If that is the case then Plusnet won't have any option but to let you know about it, in which case Plusnet are not to blame.

Can you put a link to that site please?

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Your title is clear, but the rest us not. As for the reference to 'she' please read this quote from your post :

Just joined and instantly have a copyright warning,so wanting to know the cooling off period for cancelling the service ?

She thought she was on an official site and yet this warning says it isnt,

Cant blame her.the site looks legit but this is my main concern with the internet.

so if theres another event i want to cancel this service,will be cheaper than a law suit that might come.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

Newtofibre1
Hooked

Made me laugh Brownie,14 days after sign up ? ..so time is up well before even connected Huh ..sounds nuts,means they can give me 1kbs and then wait until i leave and claim more money for providing nothing ?.

Newtofibre1
Hooked

@Pete11 wrote:

Did the warning come from Plusnet?...or the site visited?

Which site was it?

What's the file that caused the copyright warning?

Reasons for asking is that you haven't made it very clear. If it's a copyright warning then it will have come from the site visited unless that site got in touch with Plusnet about copyright infringement. If that is the case then Plusnet won't have any option but to let you know about it, in which case Plusnet are not to blame.

Can you put a link to that site please?

YIFY i think,deleted the links so cannot be sure,te film was guardians of something

whats really worrying me is someone is monitoring a 14 year old girls connection ?

might just leave on that basis alone,was told plusnet was a good safe ISP,but what the hell ?

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

That will be the site visited that sent the copyright notice...not Plusnet. Also, no site can tell how old, or even who the user is. For example, Plusnet doesn't know who exactly is typing this, wife? husband? one of the kids or even a visitor. All they can go on is the IP address. Now, if the site visited got the IP address, then they can (and sometimes do) send notices to ISP's expecting them to act on it and I'm guessing that's what happened in this case.

The best thing to do is not visit that site again because the IP might just 'flag up' on that sites system causing even more grief, but I'm very sure that it wasn't Plusnet.

Hope this helps. Thumbs_Up

PM sent.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Browni
Aspiring Hero

Yify makes it pretty clear!

YifyYify

Newtofibre1
Hooked

there are some people this would not make it clear to though

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

@Browni

Thanks for posting that warning. yifi isn't a site I use but the warning is clear enough. Thumbs_Up

@Newtofibre1

Sites like that don't make it clear, it's because they want to catch people out. At least they post a warning, others don't.

Browni
Aspiring Hero

@Newtofibre1 wrote:

there are some people this would not make it clear to though

They should be supervised then, or held responsible for their own actions.

eta: have you looked at Plusnet Safeguard?