cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats happening to my free months ?

ARone
Grafter

Whats happening to my free months ?

I asked whether upgrading during my free months would affect me and was told no so went ahead and upgraded which took affect today but now I see this in my support page , Im confused as to what this is as its addressed to me .
Its confusing ,has discount been cancelled Huh
The customer has changed their service. The following discounts have been cancelled from automation and MAY require a manual discount operation on the dates below IF the new account type is subscription based:
2010-10-22
2010-11-22
2010-12-22

16 REPLIES 16
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Whats happening to my free months ?

its as your quote says, Adam should pick it up and restore it
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

ARone,
This is quite normal, our accounts system cancels discounts when an account type is changed this is as they are usually based on percentages, once the monthly cost changes the discounts are not at the correct rates so they are cancelled and we get notified to reapply them for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davyp

Hi,
I  have a similar concern.  I'm 2 weeks into my bb package with PN and I've used more of my 10GB allowance than I thought I would so I'd like to upgrade from Value to Extra.
When I try to do this using the upgrade feature online, it doesn't take into account the 3 months half price, so my subscription would jump from £6.49 p/m (with the offer) to £17.99 p/m (full price).  If I can't get the 3 months half price, I think I'll just wait until the 3 months are up before upgrading, but this means having to watch my usage a lot more  Sad
Is there any way to upgrade and have the 3 months half price offer taken into account?
Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Welcome to the Forum
You will get the same terms when you move (at your end of period), it need intervention by one of the reps, who should see this tomorrow, just read the replies above
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

davyp,
With regards to the offer you have at the moment this is not done via the same discount tool so I very much doubt you would be subject to the same problem.
I've scheduled the change from this side to ensure that it goes through as planned. If you come across any unforseen issues on your next billing date (not that you should) please give me a shout.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davyp

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.
Adam, you say you've scheduled the change, do I need to go through the upgrade process or will it be sorted at my next billing date (15th Nov?)
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi again,
You don't need to do anything further as I've scheduled the change of account type to go through automatically on your next billing date.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davyp

That's brilliant!
Thanks again
davyp

Hi again Adam,
the upgrade went through fine thank you and the service is working well.
I've just had my bill through and I'm being charged the full £17.99 a month even though I had 2 months left on the half price offer. Will this be applied retrospectively or does it need to be updated by a rep?
Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Needs a reps intervention, the Auto System always does that, Should be picked up tomorrow, but then the Lousy PN billing wont allow a refund until they get there grubby hand on the money, 7 working days, they then issue a refund and thats another 7 working days, so it means they have the money for about three weeks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi davyp,
I've just checked your account and can see that the discounts were re-applied.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davyp

Thanks for the responses guys.  The payment went out on 19th so I guess I'll have to wait a while for it to all be processed
Thanks
Merlin
Grafter

I referred someone on 20 September under the 3 free months offer. I am still waiting to see my free months.  The newbie says he is receiving his free time.  I posted ticket No #37302245  yesterday but no response from PN
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Could you check what is happening to my free months please? Or do I have to raise a ticket?