cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck, no warning ....

mathewlisett
Grafter

What the heck, no warning ....

No warnign that we were near out usage, just straight away added more . and the bit thats anoying.
the extra usage is for the next 4 hours... 4 hours 5gb /  £5
seriously, id rather not use the net for those 4 hours and wait for the free bandwidth and even the fact my usage would have gotten reset at midnight
12 REPLIES 12
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: What the heck, no warning ....

That's why I have £0 in the box on https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mathewlisett
Grafter

doesnt excuse not having an email warnign the customer they are near the limit, if i had known the limit getting closer i would have check the amount and could have stopped .
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You should have received one at the 80% used point to the same address you get your bill details to saying something like
Dear Oldjim
Account username:  me
You're approaching your product's broadband peak-time usage allowance of 10GB for this month. We've sent you this email to help you manage your usage, and ensure you don't face unexpected charges.
There's no limit on how much you can use, but once you've used your 10GB allowance, additional usage is charged at £5.00 per 5GB.
View Your Broadband Usage
You can check your usage at any time on our website with View Your Broadband Usage - https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php
Set A Broadband Price Limit
No need to be concerned about spending more than you intend on your broadband usage. You can set your maximum monthly usage on our website - https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
There's only one email sent each month, at the 80% point as Jim says. After that we'll email when the usage is exceeded and more is added (up to your data transfer watch limit). I can see these are showing on your account, one was sent on the 2nd November and the one from the month before on the 11th October - these are being emailed to the address we have for you on your account.
If you're not seeing them is it possible they're being marked as spam?
pin2011
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
That's why I have £0 in the box on https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/

Now thats the first piece of good advice I've sen today and hence my account is also set to zero Cool
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and then this happens http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,100206.0.html but only for a few hours  Grin
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Filibuster
....my account is also set to zero Cool

Due to the fact that it says 'enter multiples of £5' I would guess that many customers visiting that page may think that the minimum figure to enter in the box is £5 and this is not the case.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
CX
Grafter

And also don't do what I mistakenly did (after temporarily raising it to £5 for one month) and remove the limit, instead of setting it back to £0.  Crazy
mathewlisett
Grafter

well thats an issue, an email shouldnt be sent AFTER the user has exceeded the usage, an email should be sent to us every single time we are due to allow us the decision to slow our own usage.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Such an email is sent - as 80% usage is reached first time, and when each increment is added thereafter. If you don't want to spend more the data transfer watch is provided to avoid doing so.
David
mathewlisett
Grafter

" as 80% usage is reached first time"  yes amazingly i can read, and im saying it shouldnt just be one time only, it should be sent EVERY time the usage is coming up. having a email sent sayign you have excedded the amount is useless.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That would mean sending a warning when the user hits 4GB of the extra 5GB purchased - I see what you're saying but 1GB can be used very quickly and may well be gone (and the next 5GB added, if the data transfer watch has not been set up) before the email is read. If you've set the Data Transfer watch up then the 80% email will let you know the extra usage cost is pending, then you know how much you have left before hitting the data transfer watch.
I'll pass the suggestion on but can't make any promises I'm afraid.