cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the cancellation fee to cease 'service'

Whiskerpuss
Grafter

What's the cancellation fee to cease 'service'

I've had an intermittent fault on my line for the last two and a half years, since moving here, but the last few weeks it's been terrible, dropping off every few seconds and at other times staying connected for a couple of hours. Plusnet sent out an Engineer last Saturday who suggested a few fixes but had no idea what the problem was as it didn't happen while he was here. He installed a new master socket, suggested I use another router, which I did as I had a new one ready incase mine ever died on me which we installed there and then, and then he suggested I have the double electric socket next to it replaced as that could be the cause, if the fault was still evident then plug the router into another socket in the room via an extension lead. Well all that's been done and the fault is worse than ever. The broad band is totally unusable as it doesnt exist. 

The engineer tested the 2 copper wires from the property to the cabinet, and they were good results and also tested everything in the exchange up the road, again everything was good. His unofficial opinion was that the fault must be with Plusnet's link to the exchange somewhere.

This last week I've had no internet at all. The connection lasts a couple of seconds then drops and the internet light on the 'new' router (I've tried 4) goes completely off.

Plusnet are sending out an Engineer again this Friday (tomorrow) so hopefully the fault will still be evident this time and he might be able to fix the problem.

However, I do everything online, banking, shopping, etc. as I live in a rural area with no shops or banks nearby. So I need a reliable connection.

I have an standard ADSL connection as although the property is just over 2yrs old, Fibre broadband isn't available and won't be in the foreseeable future. 

My contract ends with Plusnet in July next year, so can you tell me how much I would have to pay Plusnet to get out of this shocking 'service' I use the word service very loosely because I'm not getting a service.

I won't bother to have another landline, I'm sick to death of it. 

I'm posting this using my mobile phone, which gives me an excellent internet connection on double 4G, and which I will use for internet in future once I can get shot of my landline.

4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: What's the cancellation fee to cease 'service'

All cancellation fees will be shown at https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Whiskerpuss
Grafter

Thanks for that, it's just over £78. 

I'll wait and see if the engineer can trace the fault, and if not I'll cease the service. 

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry to hear of the issues with your connection. Are you ok to keep us posted on whether the engineer finds any issues?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Whiskerpuss
Grafter

Yes will do. 

I don't hold out any hope, unless the connection is still down when he's here. It's been down now for 3 days so I live in hope it won't suddenly rectify itself, as intermittent faults tend to, and he can find out what's going on. 

It only stays connected for 5-10 seconds then the connection is totally dead, then the amber light flashes, until the internet light comes on, for a second at most, then off again. This is whats been happening since Tuesday.  If Plusnet were to test it now they'd see what's happening.