cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happened to the x4 referral bonus!!!

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

What's happened to the x4 referral bonus!!!

I received £2 per month for a VOIP referral for only two months but
http://www.plus.net/referrals/specialofferx4.html - which no longer exists says I should get another 4 instalments.
It's broken.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

16 REPLIES 16
Be3G
Grafter

Re: What's happened to the x4 referral bonus!!!

Don't worry, information on the offer is still available here and here. Out of interest though where are VoIP referral values stated? I've never seen VoIP mentioned on the referral pages so wasn't even aware VoIP accounts generated referral discounts!
VileReynard
Hero

Sorry - I shouldn't have said VOIP referral  Grin
It was for a referral to BBYW who later transferred their phone line to PlusNet.
I find it confusing that BT provide everything that makes it work, but the provider is someone else Smiley
I've only been awarded 50p for the phone referral, instead of £2 this month.

Emma
Grafter

Quote from: Crucibleofevil
I've only been awarded 50p for the phone referral, instead of £2 this month.

Same as me, i've raised a ticket last week regarding this, only noticed as i didn't receive my email congratulating me!
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I had a message from PN yesterday confirming that I will be credited £2 this month for a phone referral.
VileReynard
Hero

Customer support is headed badly downhill.
I presume my ticket has been exported to South Africa Cry
The response to my ticket, virtually in toto was:-
Dear Mr Boden,
Thank you for contacting us.
With regards to your query, you receive £0.50, for the Talk[sic] and £0.25, for the broadband referrals made.
Total referral credit per month: £0.75.
You have 3 remaining referral tokens/credits for the Talk services.[sic]
Please follow the link below for more information on referral credit:
http://www.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_help.shtml?supporta=hitop52
If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services Department alternatively you can raise a ticket to us.[sic]
Thank you for your loyalty.[sic]
Kind regards,
[name removed]

Get real - it's not a talk service! - it's a telephone service!

Be3G
Grafter

'Talk' is the new name of Plusnet's home phone service. There's 'Talk Evenings & Weekends' and 'Talk Anytime'.
VileReynard
Hero

What a daft idea!
It just makes junior CSC people who refer to a telephone service as "the talk" look illiterate
when they are busy getting their facts wrong when trying and failing to answer a complaint.
Maybe it's only half as bad as Talk-Talk?

VileReynard
Hero

Quote from: artmo
I had a message from PN yesterday confirming that I will be credited £2 this month for a phone referral.

How long did it take to sort it out?
I'm now being told that I'm not entitled to £2 - only fifty pence.
It's blamed on a System Error Tongue
They say that they aren't going to ask for the money back - very magnanimous.
SNAFU

artmo
Aspiring Champion

The first refund did take a while to get sorted and a number of phone calls.  It appeared that some of the staff didn't know about the special increased values.  Eventually it was sorted though.
VileReynard
Hero

I got this:-
Dear Mr Boden,
As far as I can see the referred account has had their phone service (now described as Talk) since March 2008, so I am not sure why the referral for this should have been added only recently.
In this case it seems the system generated the bonus referrals incorrectly; however we will not be removing these from your account.
Kind regards,
Blah!

Do accounts work on Sundays?
I would never refer anyone to Plusnet again.
I would mention them - but qualify it with "Do your own research" - I wouldn't want to be accused of recommending Plusnet.
And this is a shame.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

There was a problem which the Usergroup raised with Plusnet about a month back.  Under some circumstances a small number of Users were being erroneously credited with the 4 X Bonus for an older referral.  And yes it was another of those little foibles in the Back-office system - but it was quickly sorted once we raised it.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Emma
Grafter

How long did it take to sort it out?
I'm now being told that I'm not entitled to £2 - only fifty pence.
It's blamed on a System Error Tongue

I've not even been told that, apparently its right and it'll "catch up" with itself! I'm pretty sure I'm right as well.
I didn't get an email this month saying i'd got more than £5 saved up, and its now going up in 50p increments
VileReynard
Hero

Quote from: MauriceC
There was a problem which the Usergroup raised with Plusnet about a month back.  Under some circumstances a small number of Users were being erroneously credited with the 4 X Bonus for an older referral.  And yes it was another of those little foibles in the Back-office system - but it was quickly sorted once we raised it.
Maurice

Thanks a bundle.
They didn't sort it out - they just waited for the complaints to roll in.
I wasn't expecting this bonus - I think it was for an upgrade of a basic Plusnet phone package to a more expensive phone package.
I seem to recall contacting Plusnet at the time as to whether I was entitled to it,
I was assured that I was fully entitled to it - but, unfortunately I didn't keep a copy of the conversation.
So thankyou Plusnet for paying me a small bonus, before withdrawing it mid-term, without any warning or explanation before or after the fact.
If I had never been paid this bonus, I wouldn't feel so p***ed off.
I feel like I've received a penalty, not a bonus.
Another first for Customer Relations - we'll make some more of our customers feel that PN can't be trusted,
just for a saving of grand total of £6!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I wasn't expecting this bonus - I think it was for an upgrade of a basic Plusnet phone package to a more expensive phone package.
I seem to recall contacting Plusnet at the time as to whether I was entitled to it,
I was assured that I was fully entitled to it - but, unfortunately I didn't keep a copy of the conversation.

That's my understanding too, upgrades should have been entitled to the X4 referral offer too. I'm not 100% sure though so will have to do a bit of digging.
So thankyou Plusnet for paying me a small bonus, before withdrawing it mid-term, without any warning or explanation before or after the fact.

If we'd intentionally done that it seems odd to me that one of us wouldn't have sent an email to those affected to let them know. Again, I'll do some digging and see what I can find out. Might not be until tomorrow though that I have a definitive response/solution.
@Emma, I'll take a look at your account too...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵