cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What on earth is going on with my billing?

severedsolo
Grafter

What on earth is going on with my billing?

I am confused as hell.... Saturday i get the usual "we're taking a direct debit" email, but its only for call charges, not line rental, so i phoned CSC to let them know, i basically get "cheers for letting us know we'll see what happens on your billing date then sort it from there"
Later that day i get another email saying "we're taking a direct debit" this time for the line rental amount, so i think "fine they have sorted it ill leave it"
Then! i get ANOTHER email saying "we're taking a direct debit" again for Line rental.
Sunday i logged into Membre centre to check that your not taking line rental twice, under the transactions tab, it says that the Line Rental amount is fully paid!  Shocked
Now i know this isn't the case because you dont take DD's on a Saturday or Sunday, and i did speak to someone in the foreign call centre about it... but to be honest, i couldn't really follow what he was saying.
So can someone please tell me, in plain english.
1) how much am i going to be charged
2) Why did i recieve 3 seperate emails
3) are you actually taking the Line rental amount? and if so:
4) Am i going to be charged twice for Line rental
attached is a screenshot of my "Transactions" page, the top amount is NOT paid, and the balance is wrong, (10.74+16.25 = 26.99)
normally i wouldnt complain, but im on benefits, and cant afford to be overcharged, whether now, or next month
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: What on earth is going on with my billing?

Hi severedsolo,
I'm happy to report there's nothing wrong here - basically this is your first full month of the talk service and the calls have been invoiced separately from the broadband subs, line rental and call plan charge. All the charges are correct and you've received your discount for the broadband subs as well.
You should find from next month that your calls are invoiced with the broadband.
To answer your questions:
1) You'll be charged £26.99
2) I can only see two notifications of direct debit on your account, was the third a duplicate of one of the first two? There's definitely only two invoices outstanding on your account.
3) Yes, the line rental is being charged.
4) No, it's not going to be charged twice.
The £26.99 breaks down as follows:
Line rental £11.25
Call plan £5.00
- the above are on the first invoice
Call charges £10.74
- these are on the other invoice.
There's no charge for broadband as it's discounted.
I hope that explains things for you.
severedsolo
Grafter

Cheers for clearing that up Matt, I think the 2nd email was a duplicate as you said, as long as there is nothing wrong that is fine, thank you again for your time.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries at all, glad I could help Smiley