cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is my minimum term?

OneMoreOne

What is my minimum term?

Hi
Sorry if this has been covered before but finding things on this forum is tricky. I have a Plusnet residential phone + broadband package. The 'welcome to plusnet' letter identifies this as 'Unlimited (Contracted)' with a 'weekends' phone package. I can't find any other specific T&Cs.
I'm pretty unhappy with the service overall and the appalling customer service in particular (made especially galling by the ludicrous claims they make about it) so I want to leave. Trouble is I can't find out if there is some kind of minimum term. Looking at the on-line stuff the 'residential' terms seem to say that there's minimum period of service if one has been specified. I can find no such specification in anything I've been sent but not can I match the package I've got against any of the descriptions/labels on the Plusnet website. I'm about 8 months in to the contract, by the way, if that's relevant
Can anyone tell, from the info I've given, if I have a minimum term and what it is? Or, where can I look online to get the definitive answer?
Thanks for any help you can offer
Paul
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: What is my minimum term?

You would have seen that when you signed up but if you look here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary it should give the cost for cancellation - this is mine
23/09/2014 - Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted) £99.00(upon cancellation) Complete -
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

You're lucky Jim, mine still states this -  "01/01/1970 - Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted) £0(upon cancellation) Written Off" in spite of it allegedly being passed to whichever dept. deals with it.
Fortunately I do know when my current contracted period expires but it would be useful to know the figures rather than have to trawl through the complicated hide and seek maze that is the PN member centre!  Roll_eyes
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there OneMoreOne,
You're currently in contract until 05/09/14. I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the service, is there anything that I can help with?
gofaster
Rising Star

Quote from: catelliott
You're currently in contract until 05/09/14.

Huh Does that mean he is *not* in contract?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I think she meant 05/09/15 there.  Grin
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet