Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Plusnet playing at???

cbmonkey
Grafter

What is Plusnet playing at???

Hello,
I have recently moved house and had major problems getting connected.
My internet at my old property was disconnected on the 15th of June and I did not get connected at my new property until about 10 weeks later. When I spoke to Plusnet, they told me that any "downtime" would be reflected against my next few bills once my internet is installed. Also, a rep at Plusnet told me as I had been waiting so long for a connection, he would make it so my account was heavily discounted (same as a new customer) for six months.
On Friday I received a text saying Plusnet had been unable to collect money from my account (changed it to a joint account which should be correct). I logged into Plusnet today and it said I owe £37?!?!.
1/ This is more than I previously paid (circa £30 a month)
2/ I am still in my "refunded" amount of time from my downtime
3/ I am not on the proposed six months cost as I should be.
I refuse to pay this £37 until I hear from PN why this is going on Angry
2 REPLIES 2
cbmonkey
Grafter

Re: What is Plusnet playing at???

Bump
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: What is Plusnet playing at???

Hi cbmonkey, it looks like it's higher than the amount you previously paid mainly due to additional call charges. You can view your itemised phone bill Here for further details on the specific charges.
In regards to a refunded amount of time. After a housemove we try to refund for downtime experienced during the move, although it does look like this is taking a little longer than it should, this appears to be due to the fact that the DD instruction has been cancelled, so we can actually issue the refund back in to the account it was taken from at the moment, so this will have to be sent out by cheque.
I'm not sure why someone agreed a new cost with you and didn't actually update your account to reflect this  Angry I'll be passing on the feedback regarding this. In the meantime, I've adjusted the outstanding amount on your account and applied the relevant discounts moving forward for the next 5 months.
I hope this helps.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet