cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What, if anything, does the referred person get? (searched FAQ's etc....)

techguy
Grafter

Re: What, if anything, does the referred person get? (searched FAQ's etc....)

seconded as we do want to drive PN's business as its the best darn ISP there is but most bb users don't care about network quality, service (until they have problems) they just care about cost.
But if we can give them something then they are more likely to migrate and a good proportion should stay too thus increasing PN's profits.

James
Grafter

I don't think it would personally.  At least not by much.
Remember the period that we offered bounty payments for referrals?  That did increase the number of referrals, but not by much at all.
It's all about costing things in - We have to make sure that we would still be able to make a profilt (ie: not go bankrupt!) and continue to gain referred signups.  Word of mouth is about signing up because your mates told you about the level of service you get, not because you get a fiver for it.  Sure, it makes sense to give the referrer a little sweetener, so they make an effort to refer our customers, but I wouldn't expect us to start offering credits/bounty to the customer who was actually referred.
Unless Marketing have some plans I'm not aware of Smiley
techguy
Grafter

I mean I'm working on trying to move my mate from Tiscali freedom2surf to PN and have told him about the great service great network etc.
He would likely go pro as he's a gamer but he wont budge as he says f2s works for him although he does have some issues with latency, however if I could get him a couple 'o quid off for first month or so then it might be enough to give him the push
chillypenguin
Grafter

I don't think you have fully thought this through.
What you are asking if for Plusnet to introduce a two tier pricing structure, `Friends and Family` get a cheaper price. I can just see the headlines;

Plusnet upto 8Meg Broadband £9:49*

* Friends and Family of existing customers only, if you are not in the know £11.50
The only way I can see it working is if YOU give up your referral.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: techguy
AOL is the numpties choice isn't it.

Don't you know it's wrong to mock the afflicted Techguy Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
techguy
Grafter

sorry, deal with 'em all day, every day.
Ah well

Never mind
Not applicable

Well of course the referral gets something better than money - the support of the referrer (I am convinced that I earn my referral discount hundreds of times over with the support that I give them), a good company with excellent support (mostly) and no tie up with long contracts.