cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened to Plusnet service.

AMX
Grafter

What has happened to Plusnet service.

I have changed my direct debit to another bank but Plusnet  says I must choose an alternative method

to make a payment at an extra £1.50 cost. The D/D was due on the 17th June, Plusnet submitted D/D set up
request on 12th June, and my bank showed the D/D available from the 16th June. So why has it failed seeing
that the D/D was not due until the 17th June. I have tried many times today to phone support to sort it but stuck
with waiting on line between 30 and 45 mins for a call to be answered. Even at 1.0 am a 45 min waiting time !!!!
I have been with Plusnet for many years and have generally been happy with and promoted the service, however
if this is the new service standard I am afraid Plusnet will start losing there existing customers.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: What has happened to Plusnet service.

because of Plusnet's lousy system although the guide does state
Direct Debit instructions can take up to a week to set up so bear this in mind if you've only just added or updated one
although from other reports the time quoted is rather optimistic
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Unfortunately as Oldjim says, setting a new DD up on our system does take a week, often 7 working days.
I've credited the £1.50 non-DD surcharge off the outstanding bill and you should now be able to just log on at www.plus.net and pay the remainder online.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AMX
Grafter

Thank you both for the replies and  waiving the extra £1.50, although my main complaint was the time taken to answer phone calls.
I have now settled this months bill and hope the D/D is sorted in time for next month.
My download speed and I.P. has dropped, is this due to restrictions placed on my line causing it to reboot
several times in the last 2 days. It has been very steady for several months  until now.
If so can it be reset please.