cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened to PlusNet?

borlandstewart
Dabbler

What has happened to PlusNet?

Previously I had been with PlusNet for well over 12 years, and the service was great.

After a buying and selling gap in the Covid housing market I'm back as a new customer and I am far from impressed.

Ticket 220125409 shut before 3 issues are resolved. THREE promises to update to my correct address (which were to take 5 days and somebody would get back to me) still not resolved, no sign of my Reward Card, wrong package/speed delivered and I can't change it until the address is sorted.

This has been ongoing since NOVEMBER???

I wish I had just stuck with the previous occupants provider 😡 🙈 😡

Is this a common occurrence these days?

14 REPLIES 14
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: What has happened to PlusNet?

Thanks a lot for your time on the phone this morning, I've just updated the open Ticket on the account, and have summarised our call if you'd like to have a look. Feel free to reach out to me on here if you have any further issues at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
YouKnowIThatGuy
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Sounds like a PEBCAK error.

"a buying and selling gap in the Covid housing market" - so you moved home?

"promises to update to my correct address" - why the need to update your address, did YOU make a mistake?

"wrong package/speed delivered and I can't change it until the address is sorted" - packages are of course related to the property.

The reward card won't be granted until the change over is complete.

The change over is not complete because someone made a mistake.

Just saying.

borlandstewart
Dabbler

a buying and selling gap in the Covid housing market" - so you moved home?

Irrelevant & wrong!

promises to update to my correct address - why the need to update your address, did YOU make a mistake?

No I didn't make a mistake there was a Postcode difference with Openreach & Royal Mail- 3 requests to Openreach to update the address all failed after a 5 day wait each time.

wrong package/speed delivered and I can't change it until the address is sorted

- packages are of course related to the property. Statement of fact, pointless reply.

The reward card won't be granted until the change over is complete.

It wasn't recorded by the system - it didn't exist to grant at any point.

The change over is not complete because someone made a mistake. I will never understand why some people feel the need to respond with irrelevant comments which don't move the issue forward one bit?

Plusnet have replied, there are several tickets raised now and hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quotes fixed to aid readability.
YouKnowIThatGuy
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Now we're getting somewhere.

So, you didn't move home, so the whole housing market part was irrelevant.

if so, why was there a post code difference? A new build?

You just aren't making sense.

Please try to clarify your point.

borlandstewart
Dabbler

You know the saying 'what a difference a day makes'? Well what a difference a person makes...

Well done Star of the Month - [CSA Removed] - after 3 months, more calls & tickets than I can count, I now show the correct address, I am on the right package & price, speed is good, and everything is as it should be.

Phew, but why 3 months? There seems to be a huge issue with the whole ORDI system (whatever that might be 😊 ) that Plusnet need to look into.

Thanks Hugh 👍

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

ORDI is the Openreach process for correcting addresses.  Plusnet (or any other ISP) don't have much control over it

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

borlandstewart
Dabbler

So I spoke too soon... appalling, just appalling service.

When I congratulated finally getting everything resolved, that was me taking Plusnet at their word.

Never for a moment, when I had an email confirming that a cheque would be sent for the shambles surrounding my gift card, did I think somebody else would go in to the ticket, cancel it, but not even reply to me or let me know it had been cancelled or why. (It took ages, long phone calls, hanging on while a supervisor approved it, etc.)

New ticket raised, with the promise of an urgent follow-up (222604810) but I have no idea what kind of ticket it is - I can't view it and I can't add or answer it either.

All I know is the promise was broken, after waiting from the 22nd of January I have no cheque, and nobody has got back to me AGAIN.

I said it before and I say it again 'what has happened to Plusnet'?

After 12 years of great service, and a six month break, since returning, I have had nothing but constant hassle and service standards that would rival the depths of industry standard losers like Sky or Talk Talk.

Never again, I used to earn referral points, never again. I wouldn't recommend Plusnet to my worst enemy, and at the end of the contract I'm off. How sad.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Moderators Note : This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account 
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @borlandstewart

I've just spent the last hour looking through this. I am genuinely sorry for the bad experience you've had when coming back to us for a service at your new property and for how we've handled things.

I've arranged for feedback to be passed on where appropriate, and I've escalated this to our billing team so I can get a cheque sent out as soon as possible. I'd like to take this on personally for you moving forward, and I'll provide an update as soon as I know more within 5 working days via the support ticket I've created Here.

I've also checked your address. While I can see that our suppliers systems support team have confirmed they've updated it in their systems which now shows it as a gold key as opposed to silver, your line still isn't fully registered at it. I've resubmitted an ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) but the robotic/automated system, which handles these, rejected the request, so I've forwarded the rejection e-mail onto Openreach's Network Addressing Team. 

I'll let you know once I've got a response from them which should be within 5 working days as well.

If you've got further queries in the meantime, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @borlandstewart

I am happy to confirm that our suppliers Network Addressing team have now updated their systems to show that your line is registered at your address. I'll let you know once our Billing Support team have got back to me. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey, just to follow up. 

Our Billing Support team have now issued you with that cheque you should receive within the next 14 days. I'll leave the complaint ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222777516 open until you've got it. 

Let me know when you do receive it or if you have further queries or concerns in the meantime. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @borlandstewart, it was good to speak with you.

I'm really sorry again for the bad experience you've had rejoining us. As discussed, I'll call you back a week tomorrow (29.03.22) as this should allow plenty of time for your cheque to be delivered, but feel free to update this ticket by going Here if you receive it sooner and I'll be happy to get back in touch with you. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
borlandstewart
Dabbler

OK, cheque received today, so I think that's the end to a long sad saga completed.
Thanks Anoush for taking responsibility for this and seeing it through to a satisfactory conclusion.
No need to phone next Tuesday, I'm happy everything is finally resolved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @borlandstewart

I'm glad to see you've received your cheque now.

No problem, and I'm genuinely sorry for the issues you've had and thanks again for re-joining us. If you have further issues or there's ever anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet