cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens with a change of Fibre plan?

grhm
Dabbler

What happens with a change of Fibre plan?

Hi,
I ordered a change to the new(ish) Extra Fibre on 03/12/12, along with the different router.  I've just had a text telling me the router is on it's way, but haven't heard anything about the change in plan.  How does the change happen? Should I have heard anything?
My billing date is the 9th of each month and I had got the impression that the plan would change then, but that is this Sunday and I'm not sure if a change would be possible then.  Will I get a text again and need to swap routers?  Will the old router just carry on or will the connection drop?
Any info welcome as I can't see anything on my account to tell me these things and the FAQ is aimed at new users it seems.
Thanks
16 REPLIES 16
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: What happens with a change of Fibre plan?

I think that in the move from Value Fibre to Extra Fibre there are two separate actions - product change (i.e. the allowance) on your billing date and product change from 40/10 to 80/20 which required BT Openreach action and can take a bit longer
grhm
Dabbler

Sorry, I was not clear enough - I'm trying to change from the old extra product (£21.49) to the new one (£19.99). Does that make any difference?
I'm wondering if the order went through as I see no sign of any changes in my account or had any communication about it at all, other than the 4.99 I paid for the router.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That requires a BT Openreach engineer visit and is unrelated to your billing date.
In effect moving from ADSL to Fibre is exactly the same as a new fibre order and as such you will continue to receive your ADSL product until such time as the following happen
Plusnet get optional dates from BT Openreach for the installation
You are asked to choose one (I think that you get 3 alternatives)
The router is sent out a few days before the scheduled date.
On the scheduled date your ADSL will go down and the engineer will install the fibe
From other posts on here I think that you will be very lucky if you get a date this month and they actually turn up  Roll_eyes
kmilburn
Grafter

I think grhm means that he's switched from the old 'Fibre Extra'  (120GB @ 40/10 ) to the new 'Fibre Extra' (250GB @ 80/20).
It's probably worth looking at the closed tickets to see what automated events have occured.  http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions
James
Grafter

@grhm
I can see that your router has been order and has also been dispatched.  I suspect you will receive it tomorrow.
You're also due to move to new extra on the 9th.
grhm
Dabbler

Cool, thanks for your help everyone. Should I need to do anything on the 9th?
adie:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

As I got it wrong - twice  Embarrassed - can you clarify one thing.
Does the move from 40/10 to 80/20 need BT Openreach involvement
James
Grafter

@OJ - No, it's just a modify order which is basically a remote change.
@grhm - No, nothing at all.
grhm
Dabbler

Thanks again - I think I can manage that!
jim:quote
grhm
Dabbler

Didn't notice anything during the changeover and service has continued much as before. Thanks for that.  I'm not convinced that my IP profile has updated but I'm waiting till end of ten day period (today) before doing the diagnostic checks and raising a thread in the routers area. Although I've also stuck with the original netgear router which might also be the problem.
And I've now ordered the unlimited package as it'll only be one month longer on the contract.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi grhm,
Your profile on BTs side is currently at 77435 and is set on our side to 78000 so there shouldn't be any slowdowns there - are you not seeing those speeds when using the connection?
grhm
Dabbler

Just been on speedtest.net - 61 down 16 up.  There are other things going on so I think it's OK.  It's certainly more than it was a few days ago.
I'll try teh BT speedtest over the weekend and post on here when I've finished.  Not that I'm upset with 61!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It's a nice speed to have Smiley
Is that a wireless connection when doing the speed test?
The_10th
Grafter

What router is shipped for Fibre thesedays out of interest? Is it the Netgear N150?