cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to email account if you leave?

kingkobra
Grafter

What happens to email account if you leave?

As it may be time to go to pastures new,  just wondering what happens as regards your email accounts if you no longer have a broadband account?
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: What happens to email account if you leave?

For a small annual fee you can retain access to it.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to request that your broadband account is downgraded to a free dial-up account rather than simply being terminated !.
If I remember correctly, you then need to check your free dial-up account for email more frequently than every three months, otherwise the account may be considered unused and can be closed.
Strat
Community Veteran

This thread discusses it....sadly with no definitive answer on pricing.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Strat
For a small annual fee you can retain access to it.

Whilst not wishing to raise my head too far over the parapet, just in case..... Roll_eyes
I have some referrals, left PN a fair while ago, and still use email occasionally.
As a result PN pay me a little every now and again and I'm charged nothing for email.
Strat
Community Veteran

Maybe Digital Care can give us a definitive answer for the OP and future reference.
kingkobra
Grafter

Only considering a move elsewhere at the moment, but if it does happen, and I find out what happens to email accounts, then I'll post back.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml#gp5
Section 1 Paragraph 6 of the Cancellation Policy states
6. It is possible, when requesting an account cancellation, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £20 a year instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some member centre features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellation.